(Autumn) Chapter 36

Start from the beginning

Slightly surprised, he felt cautious towards her. "Himeji."

"Hello, Gil-darling," Mabu greets, smiling but not the usual, seductive smile she always put on whenever she talks to him. "I see that you're still going on about your lines."

"Yes, I am. What is it to you?"

"Hmm," she places her hands behind her, looking at the script book Gil was holding before returning her gaze at him. "nothing much, really. I just want to bid you good luck today for you are the main star of this play."

It was unusual for Mabu to act like that. Usually, she would jump on him, try to seduce him, or even go as far as stealing a kiss from him. Though, she isn't doing any of those things. It is, as if, she is restricting herself from doing such actions that it was too good to believe in. For Gil, he can't easily let his guard down since he doesn't have a lot of trust in Mabu Himeji right now. The way she acts, it was all too suspicious.

"Thank you, I guess."

Mabu chuckles, placing a hand over her lips. "Of course, I will do my best, as well. After all, I am the bad guy here."

And that was the time when Gil suddenly felt uneasy and nervous after seeing Mabu make a devilish smile under her mouth, her eyes suggesting of an upcoming evil. Before he could say anything else, Mabu turns and walks away, approaching a group of students who were in-charge of costumes and make-ups. Gil can't shake off the uneasy feeling, his heart beating as loud as it can be.

"Dio-kun?" Hinako was surprised to see Gil's little brother standing by the door of her classroom's shop.

"Hinako-nee, I finally found you!" He happily said.

Hinako wipes off the surprised look on her face and was replaced by a smile. She was glad to see Dio again because the last time she saw him was at the Tanabata festival. Taking into mind that she is a 'servant' in the cosplay cafe, Hinako places a hand over chest and bows down to Dio.

"It is good to finally see you again, master. I have been waiting for your arrival."

Dio suddenly blushes at the kind gesture Hinako made. He wasn't used to being called 'master' and such, let alone that Hinako is older than him.

"Table for one, master?"

"No, make that three, please," a voice interrupts.

Dio turns around to see who it was and got surprised. Even Hinako's eyes widen, seeing the all-too familiar seniors and former leaders of the kendo club of Homurahara.

"Keii-san? Kodaijogi-san?"

Hinako pours water in three empty glasses, each one was in front of Dio, Karuna, and Oji.

"I am surprised to see you in such a costume, Suzuhana-san," Karuna said, taking the glass of water from the table. "Your abdomen is showing."

"P-Please don't comment about my costume, senpai," Hinako replies, placing the pitcher of water back on the trolley. "I am quite surprised myself to see you and Kodaijogi-san visit here, though."

"We happen to have a free day today, Suzuhana-san," Oji said, looking at the menu. "University life is tough but we get to have breaks once in a while."

"I see," she smiles. "May I take your order, then? We have a wide variety of dishes and drinks for you to choose."

"I've already chosen my order, Hinako-nee," Dio said, raising his hand as high as he can. "The omelette rice sounds good and also, some marble soda for me."