(Autumn) Chapter 36

Beginne am Anfang

Gil stood up from his bed and walks toward the door. He opens it and saw his little brother all dressed up and ready to go.

"Are you sure you want to come along with me this early, Dio? The play starts at one in the afternoon and it's only six," he was a little worried that his little brother might get bored easily with the festival since it's open to the community today.

"Woah, big brother!" Dio took a step back and used his arms as a shield. "That is very unlike of you to talk to me in such a sincere tone!"

"Idiot!" Gil knocks Dio's head a little hard. "Don't be surprised over the simplest things!"

The little Douji held his head after releasing a small yelp. "Ah, that hurts! I can feel my skull cracking!"

"Hmph! Anyway," Gil crosses his arms over his chest and leans on the doorway. "you might get bored while waiting. I suggest you come over before lunchtime."

"I won't get bored, big brother!" Dio grinned. "Asura-nee and Hinako-nee will be there!"

Gil remains silent after mentioning the two people who gave him quite the headache and confusion yesterday. He wasn't ready to face either one of them, he admits. He didn't respond to Asura nor Hinako's feelings. He already learned from Asura after their break-up and now, Hinako comes in and confesses. To enter into a new relationship slightly scares him.

"Also, Karuna-nii told me that he'll be visiting with Oji-nii!"

Gil's right eye suddenly twitches. "What?!"

October 19, 2016 - Morning

< "Are you freaking serious?!" > Gil shouts over his phone. < "You're coming today, of all days?!" >

Oji pulls his phone away from his ear, unable to take Gil's shrieking voice over the other side. Karuna was right beside him, the two of them were walking towards Homurahara Gakuen.

"Gee, quit your yapping, Gil! You're overreacting too much!"

"He's just embarrassed, Oji. After all, it's been a while since we last saw him on the stage," Karuna said. Gil heard it and an irk mark popped out from his cheek.

< "No! You can't be serious! Don't go or I'll seriously pound you two with my shinai!" >

"Ha! I'd like to see you try, Gil!" Oji suddenly fires up, holding his phone as tightly as possible due to irritation over his underclassman's cockiness. "I'm gonna hit your head first!"

< "Oh, it's on! Just you wait and see, Oji-senpai!" >

Oji ends the call, inhaling a lot of air before exhaling as much as he can. That little quarrel with Gil got him spending a lot of energy, especially when it's just morning.

"Go easy on him, Oji. He's just joking," Karuna told the slightly irritated man beside him, reading a book while walking.

"I know, Karuna, and would you stop reading while walking in the streets? It's dangerous!"

The play committee, actors and actresses, and Sir William are at the auditorium, polishing any scenes and fixing the stage to the best that they can. Gil was still reading a few of his lines, standing on one corner of the hall. He suddenly loses his focus when someone taps him on his shoulder, making him turn to see who it was.