Showtime

"Good evening, Panem!" The famous voice of Hunger Games announcer Caesar Flickerman rang out as he took to the stage. His maroon colour scheme was pristine; not a single detail had been overlooked. The crowd erupted in applause as he smiled and waved. "Happy Hunger Games! And may the odds be ever in your favour!"

The crowd went wild as Caesar sat down on one of the two seats on the stage. He flashed his trademark grin, drinking in the cheers. "Now, this evening, we have a very special treat in store! Are you ready to meet the tributes for the sixty ninth annual Hunger Games?" The screaming and cheering was unbearably loud. "Because tonight, all twenty four tributes are backstage, waiting to greet you all!" There was a whole minute of solid cheering and applause. "Now, give it up for our first tribute of the evening, the delightful District One lady, Topaz Doublet!"

Topaz emerged from backstage, and walked towards Caesar. She was wearing an elegant blue dress, adorned with topaz gems; her namesake, as was the common theme with District 1 tributes. Her shoulders were exposed, and decorated with tiny shimmering jewels. Her hair was done up in an elegant braid, and she was wearing make-up that seemed to make her face glow.

"Welcome, Topaz!" Caesar said. "And may I just say that you look stunning!"

"Thank you, Caesar," Topaz replied, doing a quick curtsey. "My stylist worked hard on this outfit, so I expect for it to look as nice as it feels to wear." She sat down on the hot seat, and smiled at the crowd, causing the crowd to explode with cheering.

"Anyway," Caesar said. "Let's talk Hunger Games: what are your plans for the arena, Topaz?"

"My plan?" Topaz said, batting her eyelids. More explosive cheer. "It's a simple one. I win, go home, and complete a legacy."

"A legacy?" Caesar questioned. "What kind of legacy."

"One started by someone very close to me," Topaz said. "I won't reveal his identity, but winning will be honouring his wishes in every way; he wanted me to live a long, full life, and I'm not about to disappoint."

"How delightful," Caesar said. "And your impressive training score of ten will only help you, am I right?"

"Thank you, Caesar," Topaz said. "And yes, I hope to succeed in every way possible. Hopefully, the score is an indication of my survival rate."

"I truly think it will be," Caesar said. He opened his mouth to continue, but a buzzer rang out. "I'm sorry, but that's all the time we have! Let's give it up for Topaz Doublet, everyone!" Topaz stood up, and blew several kisses to the hysterical crowd as she left the stage.

"Now, next up we have Osiris Garnet. Let's give it up for our District One male!" Caesar announced. As Osiris entered, he was showered in applause. He was wearing a smart white tuxedo, with a rose made out of gems coming from his lapel. His blonde hair was styled back, and he was smiling confidently. He walked up to Caesar, and shook his hand.

"Good evening, Caesar," Osiris said, smiling. He sat down in the hot seat, and grinned at the crowd. The result was deafening.

"And such manners!" Caesar said, exaggerating dropping his jaw. "Pleasure to meet you, Osiris!"

"I could say the same with you," Osiris said, grinning.

"Well then," Caesar replied. "About the Games: what are you planning?"

"I'm hoping to work together with the Career alliance for as long as possible," Osiris said. "And then, hopefully, take home the victory."

"Sounds promising," Caesar said. "And you seem to have the bravado to back it up.

"Thank you," Osiris said. The buzzer sounded out, and Osiris stood up.

"Let's give it up for Osiris Garnet, everyone!" Caesar exclaimed, applauding as Osiris left the stage."