(Autumn) Chapter 35

Comenzar desde el principio

"Emotional well-being?" She raises one eyebrow, confused.

"Why, yes!" Mabu takes a seat, the one closest to Asura. She, then, places her left elbow on the table before her and rests her chin on the back of her left hand. She eyes at the cautious secretary, smiling devilishly. "I know that you harbor an angry emotion towards me, Souji-senpai."

Asura finally got the hint on where the conversation is going. "Me? Harbor such emotions at you? Why would I?"

Mabu chuckles. "You don't have to act all tough just so you can keep up with your reputation, senpai. I know that you resent me because I was the reason why you decided to break up with Gil-darling."

"With all due respect, Himeji-san, I do not feel that way for you," Asura hastily stands up from her seat and motions herself to the door, wanting to leave and not let the conversation flow any longer. "If you will excuse me, I will be returning to my classroom. I am needed there."

"What if I told you that Gil-darling and the new meat kissed during rehearsals?"

Asura stops herself from opening the door, her hand was already on the lock. An astonished expression was on her face, unknown to Mabu. It was impossible, Asura thought, but why wouldn't they? The kiss scene was on the script and she knew about it very well. She didn't mind it at first but as she felt that Gil is changing because of Hinako, she got jealous. She wished that it was her that changed him and not the freshman.

Asura turns to look at Mabu with a serious face. "I am fully aware that the story has a kissing scene. But it's nothing more but just acting. If you're trying to taunt me, Himeji-san, it will not work."

"Oh, but I think it will work!" Mabu stood from her seat and took out her phone from the pocket of her apron. She presses a few buttons on it and showed a picture to the blond-headed senior.

Asura's eyes widen, near bulging point. Her heart raced maniacally and small beads of sweat slowly drops from her forehead. It was there, the proof of Gil and Hinako's practice for the play. Hinako had her hand over Gil's cheek as he held her in his arms. The view of the shot was far from the stage but it clearly shows that Hinako and Gil kissed.

"We lost, Souji-san. Gil-darling has been taken from you and me," she smirks.

Asura remains quiet, lowering her head in sadness and defeat. "I must get going, Himeji-san. A good day to you."

"To you, too," she watches her senior leave with clenched teeth. "senpai."

October 18, 2016 - Lunchtime

Marie drops the chopsticks that she was holding in her right hand, looking at Hinako with a face that said, "Unbelievable". Furin, on the other, looks at Hinako intently, stopping himself from drinking his coffee-in-a-can.

Hinako releases an anime sweat-drop, feeling awkward as she told to her friends about what happened at play rehearsal yesterday. "P-Please say something, you two! Your gazes are making me extremely uncomfortable!"

"W-Well..." Furin trails.

"I-I'm not sure on what to say, Suzu-chan," Marie said.

"It wasn't really a kiss, you two," Hinako was blushing furiously. "It was just a peck on the cheek."

"S-Still! Y-You kissed Douji-senpai, Suzu-chan!" Marie said as she slams her bento lunch on her lap, blushing furiously while imagining the two of them kiss. Marie and her fantasies.