14: Turning Japanese

♕Emily Brown♕ 

 "Welcome to Sui Ki Ya, how many people?" 

"Four." 

The exotic hostess who wore a kimono signaled us to follow her up the glowing stairs of the chic and upscale Japanese resturant. Tranquil music played as Matt, Tyson, Shelby and I walked up the twirling stairs beide a stone wall waterfall. 

"You're server will be with you shortly," said the hostess when we reached the intimate corner we had reserved earlier.

I've never in my life been to such resturants where all the women surrounding me wore Chanel or Louis Vuitton. "This place..." 

"Has the best sashimi ever," Shelby finished for me as her eyes lingered on the oversized sashimi boat served to the table ahead of us. 

"You eat sashimi?"

She licked her lips hungrily. "I love sashimi! This place has the best ones. They're big and delicious, but I can never fit the whole thing in my mouth."

"That's what she said," Tyson said, fist-pounding Matt in triumpth simutameously. 

I sighed in disbelief. 

Shelby's eyes widened. "Who said?"

I patted Shelby's back . "It's okay, Shelby. The guys just being idiots."

"Hey! I didn't say anything. It was all Tyson," Matt protested.

"Psh, way to blame me. You were thinking of it anyways." 

"Yeah that's true."

Shelby pouted. "Can someone explain what's going on?"

"Don't worry baby", Tyson answered before smothering her with kisses with which she reciprocated to happily. 

 Matt and i looked at each other awkwardly before he fake-coughed to get their attention. "Do you guys maybe-oh I don't know- want to get a room?"

Luckily, the waitress came by to get our orders or else I think the two lovebirds would drown us in their PDA. 

We ordered the assorted sashimi party boat 

"Excuse me, I need to use the powder room." Shelby stood up and grabbed my hand along with her.

"You need to go piss with Emily?" 

She dragged me to the ladies room hurriedly, not caring that I was barely staggering behind. When we reached the fancy lavatory, she shoved me against the stall door with extreme force. Pain shot through my back. I watched her face carefully, worried that she'd finally gone insane and was going ot beat me senseless right here, beside the toilet with pee on the floor. Unexpectedly, she broke into a smile; the sudden change of her countenance left me even more confused.

"Guess what?" she asked, wide eyed and all.

"Wh-"

Shelby answered before I could even blink. "Wait- lemme tell you. Matt broke up with Bridget!" A squeal followed as she shook my shoulders back and forth excitedly. 

"But don't you already have a boyfriend?" My mind drifted to what Tyson and Matt would be doing now. Probably downing some beers and shoving sushi in their mouths as they talked about the football game with their mouths full. I shuddered at the thought and hoped I was wrong.

"Oh my gosh Em," she piped, "not for me, for you!"

I blinked.

"I know you and Matt got something going on," Shelby gushed while giving me a knowing nudge and wink. "Am I right or am I right?"