6: Smile Like You Mean It

 PICTURE OF EMILY BROWN ON THE SIDE------------------->

♕Emily Brown♕

"Today is more class time to work on your history project. We will go to the computer lab shortly and next class your rough drafts are due," Mrs. Walter announced. Scornful remarks circulated the room when she mentioned the draft due date.

"You're kidding me, Walter. I haven't even started yet," Tyson said in disbelief.

"If you were using all the class time wisely, next class shouldn't be any trouble. The due dates are also written on the criteria I gave all of you."

"What Criteria?"

It looked like Mrs. Walter wanted to get up there and smack Tyson in the face. She's handed out the criteria at least three times to Tyson, but each time he made a paper plane out of it and chucked it at some helpless student minding their own business. 

Without waiting for Matt and his 'entourage', I jaunted to the assigned computer lab, room 201, Building A. Expensive Macs lined up in rows and I sat by the one with the comfy chair. Matt came in soon after followed by Bridget who clung onto his arm for life. He had to site beside me since I was his partner, but Bridget ditched hers to sit with us.

"We already finished out draft research yesterday so this is pretty much a free block right?" Matt asked me hopefully.

"Umm... no. Let's compile our information and start writing the good copy now," I suggested.

"That's not due till next week!" Bridget interjected with an annoyed face.

I didn't bother with her comment and continued, "Let's just be ahead so that we won't have to stress out about due dates and we'll have more free time after." The real reason was because I had to use up my class time to the maximum because I needed time to myself at home to find work or more shifts instead. 

When Matt gave in, Bridget rolled her eyes, groaned rather loudly and skipped to where some jock named Jack was sitting. Her groan made her sound possessed. At least Jack would give her some attention, he'd give anything with tits attention or so I've heard.

"Do you want to look for pictures of Alexander and print them out?" Matt should be able to handle that task.

"Sure."

I checked his screen ten minutes later and wasn't surprised with what I saw. "So what kind of information on Alexander are you getting from Bridget's Facebook status?"

Right away, he logged off Facebook and went back to Microsoft documents. I've caught him about three times in the last ten minutes doing everything on the web but researching.

***

After school, I went straight to work. Three times a week for six hours at $11 an hour was worth it. I worked at Joe's Groovy Smoothies and it had a pretty nice environment. I love the people I work with and the regular customers I served.

Today, I was wiping the empty glasses behind the cashier counter when I saw Bridget, Tyson and his girlfriend, Shelby enter the store. I ducked and peeked behind the counter surreptitiously. I couldn't help but eavesdrop as well, considering they were talking so loud that their voices filled the entire store.

"Why isn't Matt here?" Bridget whined.

"He went home right after school." Tyson shrugged and took a seat on the retro benches on the far end of the store.

"Ugh, he's probably mourning over his mom again. Like seriously, he needs to get over it. It's been like five years. I don't know why he's ditching his friends to go home and spazz about it," she responded indifferently.