Chapter 4

Thanks to everyone that has added this story to their reading lists and those who have voted on it. It means so much to me as I try and grow on this website.

Comment, vote, and share! :)

Chapter 4

The moment his hands touched her, Emma wanted to scream for help, but she was the one who had stowed away on their boat, invaded them. She had been in the box for too long and her eyes hadn't adjusted yet, neither did her limbs work as she had lost feeling in them a while ago.

Unable to do anything else in that current moment, she just looked at the man who was taking her out. He looked easy going enough, with short brown hair and brown eyes, but there was something off about him that she couldn't quite put her finger on.

The only thing she could use right now were her words.

"Please tell me where this boat is headed, what country?" She tried for a normal conversation, dreading that they might take her back to England.

"Lady, you aren't on any boat, this is a ship, and we aren't going to any country, not for a long time anyway." His words were like someone had thrown ice water on her and suddenly she was more alert about her surroundings.

Everything was spacious, even with the various wooden boxes that were placed about. Trying to take deep breaths she realized she was in a cargo hold of a massive ship, but she was still kind of confused, the man who was holding her sluggish body up as it regained feeling looked well groomed, almost handsome. He had to be an Englishman, didn't he?

Although, she didn't want to spend months at sea.

"Sir, can you take me back? I'm sure that a fine English ship like this would have no problem going half an hour out of its way."

With a cruel laugh the man stated, "Oh miss, this isn't an English ship, it's the Dioltas."

Emma felt herself pale because everyone, even royalty, had heard of the ship for the king of the seas. It caused her to freak out because she didn't want to be here, this wasn't supposed to be the plan, it was supposed to be easy.

She would steal one of the life boats, that had to be it, because she didn't know how else to get out of this mess.

The only problem with that was that she didn't know how to use it, get to it, or even which direction to go if she got to one.

The man behind her wasn't holding on to her much at all, so she regained her footing and quickly tried to use it to her advantage. She elbowed his stomach as hard as she could and started to run for the stairs, which she presumed would take her somewhere where she could get off the ship.

Emma didn't run much, but she felt like she was pretty quick, she hoped it would get her somewhere. It didn't take long at all though for the man to run up behind her and pick her up, carelessly putting her over his shoulder.

It took her by surprise for a brief moment but she started to scream and kick, trying to get him to drop her. All it did was get her a tighter hold and a very hard smack on her rear. The smack hurt and was easily harder than anything her father had ever given her as punishment.

"Wench! Calm yourself, or this will only get harder for you."

She was furious and she knew that she had only herself to blame, but it was easier to blame the pirates. The world around her was upside down and all she could see were stairs they ascended, all she could feel was radiating pain from the hand-print that would no doubt bruise.

Before she had time to think of some kind of plan to get away from here, she heard a door open and as they walked inside a room, the man holding her said:

"Captain, it seems we have a stowaway."