Sans x Reader One-Shot

((Since I don't have a chapter yet for you guys today, I thought I'd give you all a one-shot so that you'll have something else to read while I work on the chapter! This is my first one-shot so don't judge too harshly, enjoy!))

Me and Sans have been best friends for about a year now. That's roughly around the same time when monsters broke free from the Underground and came to the surface. He's a huge fan of puns and kinda annoys me sometimes, but I can't help but love him anyways. He's really considerate and enjoys being lazy with me, we're both huge couch potatoes. Even thought were classified as 'best friends', I'd like to see a little bit more of a relationship tibia honest... not that I'd ever tell him that of course! But that's probably just me having wishful thinking... hehe...

"y/n, you're spacing out again."

I blinked and sheepishly looked over at Sans who was sitting on the couch next to me watching a movie. "Sorry," I said after letting out a nervous laugh. Sans just raised a bone-brow at me with a smirk on his face. "what were you thinking about?" He asked, glancing back over at the TV. "Uh..."

"HEY PUNKS!" A familiar voice yelled, the door crashing down behind me and Sans. I jumped at the loud noise and whipped around, seeing Undyne standing in the doorway with a large grin on her face. "Undyne! Do you know how to knock?!" She just shrugged and walked over to me. "Guess what?" She said, plopping down on the couch next to me. Sans had gone back to watching the movie, the question he had asked a few seconds ago thankfully forgotten.

"What?" I asked, noting her excited behavior. "We're going to this thing you humans call a derby! Where people ride horses and race around a track! Isn't that awesome?!" A derby? I've never been to one before. I've only heard about them in books or on TV. "That does sound awesome, when are we going?" Undyne's grin seemed to get bigger--which I thought was impossible--as she grabbed Sans' and my wrists and started tugging us towards the door. "Right now!"

As me and Sans were being dragged out of Sans' house, I heard him mumble, 'well there goes being lazy for the day.'

• • •

Papyrus parked his shiny red convertible outside of a huge stadium, me, Sans, Undyne, Alphys, Papyrus, and Frisk all bubbling with excitement. We all got out of the car and walked to the entrance of the stadium, Alphys paying for our tickets before we walked into the large no-ceiling stadium.

"WOWIE! IT'S SO BIG IN HERE!" Papyrus marveled, bouncing on his feet.

Our group went to find seats in the packed stadium, the roar of people from the audience deafening. We finally all found some seats near the top of the stadium, a perfect birds eye view of the track below.

"A-Alright, were s-supposed to m-make bets on who w-will win." Alphys said, taking out six betting cards. We all took one and started placing our bets on who would win when I felt Sans nudge me. I turned to look at him to see that he had a mischievous grin on his face.

Oh boy.

"how 'bout we make our own bet?" He said, giving his filled out betting card to Alphys. I also handed mine to her before turning back to Sans and saying, "What kinda bet?" "well," He started, pointing to the betting cards. "we'll use the same racers we bet on but instead of just betting on money we should do something else." He grinned at me. "you in?"

This seemed sorta sketchy since I knew Sans enough to know that he would probably trick me, but I shrugged anyways and agreed.

No going back now.

"good, so if i win, i get what i want, and if you win, you get what you want." He said, turning to the track as the race prepared to start. Hopefully I would win, I wanted to see Sans finally pick up his sock and record it. It's probably a waste of a bet, but his face would be priceless!