22 | Rivalries, Competition, and Dancing Oh My!

You and Sans reappeared in Sans and Papyrus' living room where all your friends were busy worrying about the both of you. You crashed onto a coffee table while Sans landed on the couch. Your friends went silent with shock as they watched you let out a groan and lift your head. You saw their expressions and let out a weak laugh, sitting up from the coffee table. Sans snickered and you turned to him, seeing that he and landed on the couch. "Okay you did that on purpose." He gave you a shit-eating grin. "maaaaabye."

"BROTHER!" Papyrus yelled, finally moving and tackling his brother with a yelp. Frisk was the one who tackled you and you let out a loud oof! when she landed on you. "Where the hell have you two been?! We have so many questions and we were worried and--" You pressed your finger against Frisk's lips. "Shush my child, all shall be revealed. Also, can you get off of me?" Frisk chuckled and rolled over, falling to the ground then standing back up.

"F-Frisk is r-right, where h-have you t-two been?" Alphys asked, looking from you to Sans. "oh, uh, we've been in the underground." Undyne gave Sans a shocked look. "Why were you two in the Underground?" You sat up again from the coffee table. "Alright, story time."

You told your friends what had happened and how you and Sans had both fallen into the Underground. You told them of your journey through all the different regions but made sure to leave out all the cute and private moments you and Sans had, smiling to yourself when you thought about them. When you had finished explaining, all your friends had different looks on their faces.

"Wow," Mettaton finally said, giving you and Sans a shocked look. "It must've been awful with the Underground completely empty." "it wasn't that bad." Sans said, glancing over at you with a smile. You rolled your eyes but you could feel your face heat up again. "SO!" Papyrus started, staring at you. "YOU HAVE BEEN MYST ALL THIS TIME?" You nodded. "If you don't want to stay friends with me because--" "WHAT?!" Undyne yelled, slamming her hands on the coffee table and making you fall off of it and onto your back. "Why would you think that?! You being Myst all this time is awesome! You hid it so well!" You rubbed your head and sat up, a bit dumbfounded. "I did?" Honestly, you thought you did a crappy job.

"Y-Yeah! I n-never would've guess t-t-that Myst was you all t-this time." Alphys put in, giving you a look of admiration. "Also, you're my best friend, you really think I'm gonna hate you because you've been secretly another person with us?" Frisk said, helping you up from the floor. "Well, when you say if that way, it does sound pretty dumb." You said sheepishly, giving your friends a grateful look for being so understanding.

"Now that that has been dealt with," Mettaton said, standing up and grabbing a sheet of paper from the kitchen table. "It looks like we've got a competition on our hands." He handed you and Sans the paper, seeing that it was a flier for a huge dance competition that would be giving away a large trophy and a 100k money reward. "that's--that's a lot of money." Sans said, staring at the cash reward. You, on the other hand, were staring at where the competition was going to be held.

It was the city your parents were murdered in.

You dropped the flier and sunk back into the couch, memories starting to resurface of that awful night. You thought it had been long enough for you to forget--about five months--but apparently that whole event had permanently burned itself in your head. You didn't even notice the hot tears on your face until Papyrus spoke up with concern in his voice. "Y/N? WHY ARE YOU CRYING?" He asked, your friends looking at you with concern and confusion. "Uh," You started wiping your face. "It's just... I can't go." "What? Why not?" Frisk asked, coming to sit beside you on the couch.