Chapter 59 - Fragments (Fatima Ashlynn POV) Pt. 1

so clues all in one place finalllllllly. enjoy. 

Chapter 59 – Fragments (Fatima Ashlynn POV) Pt. 1

I lean my head back, needing a moment to just close my eyes, clear my head, and narrow my thoughts down. After a tense hour of getting as far from Willowdale – the invisible to Rafael town – we do not believe that we had been followed or tracked.

"You know I still don't understand all of this," Rafael says turning in his seat. Opening one eye, I tilt my head to see him, tiredly peeking.

Does it matter that he did not understand? Not to me. I was still busy trying to fit everything I knew into order, his constant dialogue not helping.

"You say that you own the property, yet you ran from it?"

"Should we have? I don't know... send you out and see what happened? I'm sure you'd like to be the guinea pig," I answer dryly. Imogen snorts, and when I flick my gaze over to her I take in the smile on her face though she hadn't lifted her eyes from the computer screen.

I tried to rein in my attitude reminding myself that in reality, this was normal behavior. When Dmitri had me locked away, regardless of the beliefs I held, there should have been some part of me that fought harder to be out in the world. Instead, I had remained grateful and blind.

Samson has told me many times that I was just a child, however, I was starting to think that I was afraid. I had saw more than my little mind could handle and instead of going forward, I retreated. There was so much that truth be told I could not remember from my childhood, accepting stories that made me feel at ease instead of the truth. However, I was now also wondering if maybe Wyatt had not somehow removed my memories?

Ignoring the snapback between Rafael and I, Imogen leaned forward and placed the laptop on the center piece in the back of the truck.

"Okay so Pangea was a supercontinent that existed 300 million years ago, started to break apart approximately 175 million years ago."

I nodded, thinking of homework I did back on the safe mountain.

I couldn't remember it all in great detail, but the basics I knew.

"Pangea isn't thought to be the first supercontinent." I say just as I think it.

"Why Pangea?"

"Why not...Renata?" I say unsure I had the name right.

Imogen shakes her head. "Rodinia?" she offers.

"Yeah that one or any of the others... Gondwana-"

"You remember Gondwana but not Rodinia?" Samson asks with a smile. Eyes light.

Ignoring his teasing – he's teasing me, right?

"Are you teasing me?" I ask before finishing my actual point.

"I am." Nodding I turn back to Imogen.

"As I was saying why Pangea? Why not any of the other supercontinents? What about then – that time – is so special?" I doubt anyone in the car knew the answer to my question. I'm proven right when the silence after I've spoken lingers.

"Maybe that book you wouldn't let us read has the answers," Rafael said chuckling. It starts off small, his tone light, teasing just as Samson's had been but then the few chuckles morphs into deeper laughs.