Chapter 19 - Truth Teller (Ansel Conrad POV) Pt.2

A/n: Thank You for the Birthday Wishes !! 

Chapter 19 - Truth Teller (Ansel Conrad POV) Pt. 2

"As a father of three daughters," I remember Antone – Kalenah's father telling me, "I've worked hard to provide for my girls Ansel, but in turn, they've also put in the work to make them selves successful. My Lenah, she is as much heart as she is intelligence," the warning clearer than ever.

"There is nothing wrong with having a big heart when you have given your heart to an honest individual-" was something my own father told me, "Your heart is not made for everyone... it's not a free for all type of place."

Raising my own children, I expressed the same underlying basis. Luckily for my parents the people we settled down with all fit us perfectly, but that did not mean that along the way my siblings and I had not been with some that we were not meant to be with.

Not everyone is lucky to find their 'one' at their first try, my sister Angela, the perfect example. After having three serious boyfriends', she was now with her 'one' – Courtney.

When it came to my children, Brennan, Talia, Thaddeus and Harleigh, well they found their one young I believe. When it came to Samson however, he had shown interest in a few girls of our kind but not really finding his match in anyone in our circle.

But that was before Faith.

.

.

.

With the knowledge that I had a full house of teens, I woke early taking over for Kalenah as she was at the guesthouse with Samson and Faith for the night.

In all honestly though, I had hardly slept at all.

I could not wrap my mind around everything, the possible repercussions when it came down to Faith and her relation to Cynthia and Andy. Worse was the turn my thoughts took long after Kalenah had left and I had bid Brennan goodnight.

Why did Cynthia show up at the house?

Not a paranoid individual, I was cautious and Samson had to get his overanalyzing tendencies from somewhere. Though I'm sure most came from Kalenah, there was a part of me that tended to look at the broader picture. So why had Cynthia randomly shown up at our house? I had easily accepted that it was because she wanted to show off their – my younger brother Danny and her's – newest baby.

However, now, with a clearer head, I was not so sure.

"Look... man... I'm –" I remember Danny sighing, uncomfortable, "I uh – I know Kalenah is in contact with some of her own college classmates," he said clearing his throat, scratching the back of his neck and glancing around us. Even then, years back, I frowned, pushing my brows together, "Yeah what's up?" I asked concerned.

"I – look don't tell anyone but do you think you can ask her if she can possibly set Cynthia up with someone – that knows about us – I – I have uhm, I just – I feel like maybe she has some secrets and I've told her she can come to me, but – just in case she needs more than I can give her..." he looked at me with defeat in his eyes as though seeking help made him less in some way. Years later I can still remember the look in Danny's eyes, but right now, that is not the problem.