Chapter 49 - Cards On The Table (Ansel Conrad POV) Pt.5

Hola!!
Happy friday  night, I'm off to bed... well to watch me some Shemar Moore in Criminal Minds reruns lol :)

Chapter 49 – Cards On The Table (Ansel Conrad POV) Pt.5

"Leander is my Charge," Naomi says with a light accent. "I do not mean your family harm, I have in fact been protecting not just Andy, but your brother and his children as well."

I couldn't argue with her words, but now was also not the time.

Protecting Danny? Did Naomi know what Cynthia was? Did Danny and the others know what Naomi was?

I thought her a Kitsune, however Andy did just call her a Guardian.

Anxious and the feeling intensifying I send Brennan to his bus, waving off my children, Lenah's parents, and a few of my siblings with their family. Turning back to Naomi and Andy, I appraise them, wondering what to do with them. What they wanted?

"C-can we come with you? Just us, Naomi and I?" Andy pleads and as Kalenah and Angela come back, "We won't be any trouble..." he promises.

I feel as though I'm looking at Faith. His eyes showing who he is, if he's a threat to me, open. Showing his harmlessness.

"What are you two kids doing out here?" Kalenah asks molding herself to my side. "I noticed all the movement going on, and so, I woke Andy up, so that we did not miss you." Naomi replies.

I do not bother asking why she was awake or watching so intently.

"How long has Andy been your Charge?" I ask walking towards the house. "I've been watching him for nearly five years now," Andy's gasps audibly, "after Cynthia killed my previous Charge," Naomi grits out angrily. Her words take me by such surprise; I nearly trip over the pebbles.

Needing a moment, I rethink everything.

Whatever Andy knows of Naomi, he doesn't know all. Hell he was shocked over how long she has been watching him. He may trust her, but he does so with youthful ignorance.

I want information before I abandon Danny and his family here. I wouldn't take Cynthia's life, but I also wouldn't leave her without gathering information I needed.

"I want to know what she knows when it comes to Faith," I tell Naomi, the questions revolving her relationship with Andy all on the backburner.

I had no reason to not trust Naomi.

She had forced Cynthia to speak the truth. Then my brother. Without knowing I was going to duck out in the darkness.

"You can come with us," I start again, Naomi nodding furiously, her black hair shaking in the cold air, nipping at our faces. "No one should touch her," Naomi says with her face screwed up and unhappy.

Lydia touched Cynthia and Danny might of as well.

"Andy, you help Angela, Naomi come with me," we leave Kalenah to close up our house, prepare it for my mothers spell. Stopping at the garage, I grab a tranquilizer gun.

"When you left the house where was Danny?"

The wind howls around us, as I push aside the iron barricade. Once we enter, Naomi first, she murmurs lightly. The words sound much like what she said before when I assumed she was hushing Danny Junior and pushing him up the stairs. "What's going on? What the hell is this? The gun... why do you have that?" Cynthia starts bombarding me with questions. None of which I realize have anything to do with Danny or Lydia specifically.