Chapter 6 - New Spaces, New Faces (Faith POV)

A/N:NOT THOROUGHLY EDITED!

Chapter 6 - New Spaces, New Faces (Faith POV)

With Walsh leaving prior, Patricia remained up until I was released three days later, it was a bit of a foregone conclusion that I would be moving in with the Conrads.

It really wasn't as though I had someone or somewhere else to go.

"It's spacious, it's in the attic, three windows, two above you, one right when you enter the room to the right, and then another bedroom that's in the bathroom. You have a desk against the wall, I bought you new clothes to replace the ones you lost, a television, a new record player, some of the books I could remember, I got those for you as well," Patricia continued describing my new space. I realized she was kind, but each time she had to leave me, she would begin to ramble, she was awful at goodbyes.

Or maybe I was just too good at them, either way, I let her continue, and she described everything she could, had taken pictures, and finally moved onto the Conrads I hadn't met, "There is Samantha, she's adopted and just turned eleven years old, and Simon and Amy are twins, both turning six soon, cute kids," I nodded.

"They're pretty excited to meet you, especially when Amy and Samantha saw me putting away your new craft supplies, looks like you may have your own little entourage," the sudden fright on my face couldn't be mistaken, I had never interacted with children, or well anyone really but still.

"You'll do fine, I think this is going to be good for you," Patricia said just before Dr. Conrad came to release me from the hospital, Kalenah right behind him. "I've shown you and Kalenah as well how to treat your burns, you'll come back in a week if it gets infected or there's more pain than normal you must come back. Do you understand?" I nodded. Handing me five new slips, prescriptions, I pass them off to Patricia who helps me get into a wheelchair, even though I can walk. I hurt my hand, not my legs. Still I stay silent as Patricia pushes me from the room and Kalenah stops at the room next to mine and pushed out Talia.

We hadn't been able to talk since I pulled her from the dorms, "Hey how are you?" she asked cheerily, I just pointed to my throat, "You don't have your writing board?" I blinked surprised that she knew that I had been using one. Then again, she was right next to me, the glass dividers between us. "Mom said you cannot talk but you can write," I nodded and Patricia stopped pushing to dig around in my tote bag, handing me my white board and marker.

How's your leg? I wrote when we were in the elevator. Turning it towards her, and waiting. 

Talia grimaced, her face turning red, her eyes watered, realizing I probably shouldn't have asked I quickly erased my question. Sorry, never mind.

She shook her head, "No, it's not too bad, my right foot has second-degree burns, and they had to remove some of the burnt parts, um, if you hadn't thought to wet me it probably would - would've been w - worse," I nodded.

"Now you're trusting and even rescuing them Faith?" a small Dmitri like voice whispered.