A Training Session Gone Wrong

Start from the beginning

October 2nd, 2150 

"How many soldiers were killed yesterday?" 

"About 10 people. The casualties around the world is 100,000 Unfortunately, people are being killed every day. It could be way more!" 

The General was talking with one of the soldiers who saw some of his friends die. He was traumatized of course, but he had to keep going. One of his friends, Ella was going through horrible times too. Ever since Cale was killed, she was getting more depressed by the day. 

"I see. Thank you for your time. And get well soon." The soldier was sent away from his office. Sighing, he was slowly realizing that they didn't have much time left. If they survive longer than a year, he thinks that millions could be killed at this rate. 

100,000 was a lot in just about a month. He didn't want to rush the investigation team. They were working hard already, but they need to hurry so they can destroy the lab. He was thinking of bombing the place first, then if that didn't work, he would send troops to infiltrate the building. 

Suddenly, he heard a knock on his door. 

"Come in please." 

He saw Cameron walking in with a grim expression on his face. Why is he acting this grim? Did someone die? He should know that this has been normal for a while. 

"Um dad," Cameron started. 

"What is it son?" The General asked, starting to worry what happened. 

"Um, I was watching the session and something bad happened." 

"What is it? Don't keep em waiting!" 

"Well, one of the training robots went rouge and are attacking the people who are in the training session. It is on the highest level as well. People are trying to get the door open so they can help." 

"Is it who I think it is?" 

"Well, if you are thinking of two female soldiers, which are Nora and Jordan, then yes." 

"They are the newsest recruits!" Cameron knew this. His father was starting to freak out. This never happened before. How did this happen? 

"Please help hack the door so the other soldiers get in there. We don't want them to die when we promised them that it was safe here." Cameron rolled his eyes at his father. Quickly going to the computer room to help hack the door. 

Even though not a lot of people knew this but he was actually a pretty decent hacker. He couldn't hack enemy data bases, but he could hack low security computers. Probably how the door was hacked so it can stay shut. 

Quickly going to his computer, he was starting to open up the program. A girl his age, Katelyn, taught him hwo to hack. He usually was a moniter to check on people to see if they are doing their jobs. Then when Katelyn started working here, since she was seperated from her family, she taught him how to hack. They have been good friends since. 

"Katelyn!" Cameron said as he staretd opening up the program. Katelyn was a minor so she wasn't oding big jobs but she was a researcher and a hacker. 

"What is it Cameron?" The petite girl asked her friend. 

"The door to the training room got hacked and two recruits are locked inside with a level 9 robot. I need your help to get out of this mess." 

"Oh God! Isn't that the highest level robot that we currently have?" Cameron nodded, not looking at her. The teenage girl knew what she had to do. Quickly, she opened up her program too. 

"I'll help so we can open the door fast. They need help. It doesn't matter hwo stong the people who are trapped in there are, it is STRONG as Hell and if it is going rouge. Well damn," Katelyn rambled out loud. 

The two were currently bringing down the security of the door. Katelyn and Cameron were both taking down the firewalls that the door has. They were pretty advanced so they had a lot of firewalls. It took about 30 seconds to crack each one with their team work. 

Finally, after a while, they got the door opened. Cameron quickly called Amara, who was there in the training room. They were there for their final session before going out to help other soilders fend off robots. 

"Hello?" 

"Is the door open?" Cameron asked, getting to the point. 

"Yes. Everyone is helping the women that were training. I'll call you after the robot has been defeated." She quickly hung up. He sighed in relief. 

"Who was that?" Katelyn asked in curiosity?" 

"It was a friend of mine who I rescued weeks ago," Cameron replied to the girl. She nodded, familiar with the story. Cameron stood up, planning on going to the training room. 

"I have to go Katelyn. Hope to see you later okay?" Katelyn stood up, catching Cameron in an enbrace. 

"Okay. Be safe in there." Cameron nodded and left quickly, waving as he left. 

----------

In the training room, it was a Hell. The level 9 robot must've been hacked too. It was way stronger a typical level 9 robot. As some of the veterans pointed out, it was super strong. And everyone noticed. 

Amara borrowed one of the soldier's guns, not wanting to get shot by the other soldiers on accident. Most of the other sword wielders were shooting at the robot as well. 

The robot was super slow, with too much energy in its body. It did have a lot of power, shooting at everyone with its strong energy balls. 

Currently, they were all shooting at the robot with the bullets from their guns. Amara was in the front, with the other sword wielders. Helping aiming the energy balls at the robot. She was not good with a gun and it showed when she accidently shot the wall. The energy was too much for her. 

Rock and everyone else were shooting at the robot, surrounding it. It was a bullet Hell in the small room they were fighting in. Two women were outside, helping Nora and Jordan recover from the robot. They thankfully survived but with serious injuries. 

Rock was using his machine gun, which charges up and shoots out powerful bullets in seconds. He was starting to get irritated that this robot wasn't weakening at all. How long has he been fighting for? 

"How long have we been fighting for?" One of the asked in a tired voice. Amara was thinking as she was trying to aim the bullets at the robot. 

"I think this robot is just a distraction. Since this robot isn't weakening anytime soon, we just try to weaken it," Amara observed, still aiming the bullets. 

"So, what you're saying is that this robot is invincible?" One of them asked. Amara noticed a spot logo on his chest. Where a monitor would normally be. It was super small so it was unnoticeable. 

"There is a small logo near his back," Amara remarked seeing it clearly. "I have a plan. Gunners, distract the robot! Sword wielders, try to stab the big robot where the logo is!" Amara and the other 3 sword wielders started to charge, while the gunner were shooting the robot to make it face them. 

The 4 sword wielders aimed for the back. Aiming, one at a time, they tried to get to the logo. Amara was the closest, hitting it with the best accuracy. Everyone cheered when the robot fell to the ground. A lot of people collapsed on the floor when it fell. 

Rock got up a few minutes later, catching his breath. Looking at the clock, it was 11:30. The session started at 10:30 and the female group tested at 10: 50. 

"Wow," Rock though out loud. "I can't believe it took 40 minutes to take that robot down..." 

----------

This was longer than expected, but I hope you enjoyed it. If you have any criticism, please tell me. I am happy to take criticism. This is the first book I am currently writing and my skills are a little rusty.