The Prize

AN: Hey there reader. Thank you for reviewing and a shout out for AngelStar for voting and reviewing. Glad you like the story. I haven't updated in 10 days! Wow. If you like this story, please share it with your friend so they can read it as well. There are some minor changes to chapter 2. 

September 9th, 2150 

The first week of school was ok for Amara. She didn't bother meeting new people,  but at least she can communicate with them when doing group projects. As the week has been going on,  Amara saw that bills were in the mail. 

"Electricity, Water, Air Conditioning. Well, crap." 

She didn't know this was going to happen. How was she going to pay them? Amara sighed at this predicament, never planning for this at all. She looked at the sword, knowing she was going to go to class tonight for the first time since the accident. Looking at the possible future knowing that her house was going to be for closure soon. 

Her teacher was starting to get suspicious of her as well. Asking her questions about her being in poverty. Of course, Amara lied. What would she do? How would she solve the problem? Those were questions in Amara's head for a while. 

The girl was thinking until she realized something. She never went into the basement before. Or at least she thought that. 

"Maybe there are some clues in there." Amara thought to herself as she walked down to the basement. Taking a breath, Amara went into the basement. 

Amara was going down the stairs slowly. Looking at her surroundings slowly. Never knowing the secrets of the basement. She saw that she would never see in her 13-year-old life. The basement was made of iron with gray and red splotches on the wall, Amara was assuming was paint. With a lot of papers on the ground, and a large metal table in the middle of the room. 

"Wow," Amara said as she looked around the lab like basement. Curious, she decided to tread on, looking at small little androids. Picking up one of the papers, seeing what the text said. 

"On February 15th, 2140, My friend Harold and I have been working on a robot that can feel emotions of the owner and can comfort the owner and  is able to tread with humans without being noticed. This will be revolutionary in robotics and everyday life." 

"That sounds like a horrible idea." Amara retorted, picking up another paper. 

"The beta is done and Harold and I completed the frame. The frame looks just like a human teenage boy. The emotion program will be completed in a few years. We are making progress, but it will be hard to complete it." 

Looking at the paper for a few minutes before waking up from her daydream, Amara was wondering who made this robot. Who is Harold also? Why would they make it? These questions were buzzing in Amara's mind for a while. 

----------

The next day, Amara was walking to school early to get breakfast. It was a long walk to the grocery store and she didn't have money anyway. The normal routine has been checked off the list. Wake up, get breakfast, hearing about people dying in accidents. It was all normal. 

The girl noticed that it was a quick walk to school. With her black hood over her head, she walked inside. 

"Hey take off your hood. You can't wear that hood." This was also normal. Someone remind her to take off her hood. Amara just wanted to really yell out as many curse words she had in her head at the overbearing teacher. 

As part of the normal routine, she saw Mrs. Wellbird and said good morning to her. She was a little suspicious, but Mrs. Wellbird loved her students and were extra nice to them. She snaps easily, though, if you get on her bad side, then you are in for it. Thankfully Amara was on her good side.