A New Life

Hello again. If you are reading this, I changed a bit of chapter one a while ago. So, please read the final bit of chapter one so you will understand this chapter. Enjoy chapter two!    

----------

Amara managed to run at least half a mile from the restaurant, that was currently being investigated by police. She remembered the scene of the crime and abruptly stopped jogging. 

"Lord give me strength." Amara prayed as she started walking again. She saw her house a few blocks away, which looked fine. Just the way that it was left. She knew she couldn't stay there. She had to get a job in order to care for herself. Man, this was going to be tough. 

Amara knew that this week and the rest of her life was going to be tough. Very tough. She knew that a lot of other kid's parents were killed as well, but she thought that she was the only one. Amara was wondering how she was going to get food. She wasn't old enough to get a job. Even the classic ones like working at a fast-food restaurant. 

"I did overhear my mother saying that were going to meet my new teachers in a few days. I do have enough food and school starts in a week. I could just tell them I am poor. Or just the truth." Amara was stuck whether to say that or the truth? A lot of people did die there and maybe some other kids experienced the same thing. 

Amara got home a few minutes later. It was 10:30 in the evening when she arrived. Amara slowly walked into the house and opened the unlocked door. She desperately turned on all the lights and grabbed her sword. 

"No one here." Amara sighed and put away her sword and went up to her room. The room was dark gray with black dots everywhere and red spots. Amara painted all those splotchy red spots herself. 

As she rolled in her bed without getting changed, she felt a migraine coming one. She cursed and left the room to go get pills. 

"Lord give me strength. Even more strength." Amara cursed again and took 2 pills. Deciding that she has had a LONG day, she finally went to her room and slept. 

----------

Amara woke up to the morning sun. She got up out of habit, got dressed, and decided to get some coffee. Also out of habit, she said good morning to her parents. 

"Oh yeah. I forgot. Dead. Up in heaven." Amara punched a wall after she said that, with tears in her eyes. She wanted to kill every single murderer that she saw. She would be a hero. Wouldn't she? 

The 13-year-old walked out of the door to her school. Blitz Middle. She just hoped that she could just make some arrangements and live a normal life. But what she didn't know is that her life would never be the same again. 

The girl managed to get to the school in half an hour. 

"Just hope that this will be easy." 

She walked through the front doors, examining the school. It actually looked pretty nice. It is clean, beautiful, and just overall nice. 

"Hello. How may I help you miss?" A voice asked Amara. Amara was taken out of her thought and looked at the person who spoke. 

She saw the older woman with short blonde hair and green eyes. She was pretty tall at 5'8 while Amara was a measly 5'2. The woman looked tired. Liked she worked a million different jobs. 

"Yeah. Um, I wanted to meet my teachers today." 

"Okay. What is your last name?" 

"Wesly." 

"Okay let me sign you up. Where are your parents?" Amara cursed silently at the woman before answering. 

"They are both working," Amara replied. 

"Okay then." The lady took it like bait and Amara was silently applauding herself for that lie. The lady got up from her desk and decided to show her the classrooms. 

"Well, you look classy today," The woman remarked. How the heck was she classy?! She is only wearing a t-shirt and jeans. 

"Um, thanks?" 

"Maybe you should start eating some more meat." The woman remarked. What the heck is her problem?! Amara didn't respond to that remark. She knew she was thin, but really?! Really dumb of her to say. 

The two got to her first classroom and the woman left with a wink. Amara was confused but suspicious. Why did she wink at her? She decided to ignore it and go into the classroom. Now before consulting herself, though.

"It will be okay Amara. It will be ok. Just tell her that your parents don't get paid a lot and need some more food. Don't tell her that they're dead." Amara was standing there for a few minutes before just going in.  

"Why hello Amara. How are you today sweetie?" The teacher asked. The young girl stared at her teacher for a little bit. She was a beautiful woman with an hourglass figure and long black hair and blue eyes. The African American woman looked at her new pupil with a sweet look in her eyes. Amara knew that she would understand her situation. 

The teacher was named Alex Wellbird. She saw Amara's sadness in her soul and overheard her consulting herself. She saw her pupil sitting down. 

"Hello, there Mrs. Wellbird." 

"Hello, my dear. I heard that you will be a new student here at this wonderful middle school." 

"Yeah I am. Um, I have a couple things to tell you, Miss." 

"What is it, my dear?" 

"Um, my parents are in POVERTY yes! Poverty. So do you mind if we can get some food from here?" The teacher sighed at Amara as she thought it over. 

"Tell me the truth," Wellbird said sternly. Amara glared at her. 

"I am telling the truth!" Amara semi-shouted. Wellbird knew that this was going to take a while. She heard some words outside like dead and parents. Were her parents dead? 

"Okay. We do have an organization that does bring food to the poor. Since school is free here, it will be fine Amara." Amara stared at her. Did she suspect her? Amara knew that sh should've told her the truth, but what would she think? 

"Thanks for meeting me Amara. You'll fit in just fine. Remember, we don't tolerate any bullying, drugs, or smoking here on the premises okay?" Amara nodded and smiled happily. 

----------

After meeting her teachers, Amara knew that this is her first step to surviving. All she wanted to do now was relax. Amara walked home, then turned on the television. She immediately turned to her favorite channel, the news. She was watching it for a while until a rather particular story came up. 

"After the massacre, that happened at a local eating establishment, the police are suspecting that there will be more massacres after a note was found at the restaurant. It said and I quote "Blood will come. Death will come. The suffering will come." At least 30 people died in this massacre." 

"I can't just sit on the sidelines. I have to do something, but what?" Amara thought sadly as she ruffled her hair, which was a rats nest. 

----------

At a base in the western part of the world, would like a factory-like building, an older man in his early 50's was looking at a painting of a very familiar woman. He looked like he was in a trance until he was interrupted by a voice. 

"Master. I succeeded in the minimum you wanted." The voice was by one of his henchmen. 

"Good job.  Now I want you to attack this place here. The humans can't live anymore. They are destroying their way of life." 

"I agree. It will be good for the world for those corrupt creatures to be extinct." 

"Yes. Did you see that lovely woman over there?" The robot henchman knew that it was a hallucination of his. 

"Um. No one is there." 

"SHE IS THERE! NOW GO TRAIN THE ROOKIES!" As the robot left, the older man started to think to himself. 

  "Maybe I am going insane....."