CHAPTER 31

- KERRY'S POV

I decided to go back to the house and talk things through with my husband; the truth was, I still loved Chris and I wanted to be with him for eternity. I couldn't imagine myself being with any other guy because Christopher Maurice Brown was the one for me - no hesitation. I wanted to see his face and tell him how I really felt because over the last few years I'd kind of stopped showing him as much affection as before... I didn't love him any less but I had begun to find expressing my feelings hard for some reason. I was hoping that Chris was still interested in me and that he would take me back.

I knocked on the door and Blake opened the door. He looked extremely tired and he clearly was in need of a shower.

"Blake? You should be at school!" I reminded him. "Where's -"

"Dad's working away. I need to tell you something... it kinda explains why I ain't at school."

"Alright, I'm all ears," I sighed, stepping into the house.

Blake and I walked into the kitchen and sat down.

He looked upset now. "Zahra's... gone. Karrueche made her go to Vietnam with her."

I was shocked; I couldn't believe Karrueche could be so stupid. "WHAT?! Permanently?"

"I think so but I ain't sure. Zahra ain't texting me much anymore."

"Did Karrueche have her reasons to move?"

"I ain't talking 'bout that," he said, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"You know something, don't you? You know exactly why they moved away!"

"Ion know shit, aiight? Stop with your assumptions."

"I know you're hiding something, Blake, and I'm going to get to the bottom of it right now by ringing Karrueche and asking her," I responded. "And if you think I'm joking, I'm really not."

- BLAKE'S POV

I wanted to be a man and tell Mom what happened myself - but I knew she would completely freak out and slap me or something. At least if Karrueche told her, Mom had the option of channelling her anger on not just one person but two.

She went through her contacts on her phone, pressed the call and loud speaker button and then placed the phone to her ear.

"Hello?" Karrueche answered.

"You could have fucking told me that you moved your daughter to the other side of the world!"

"Kerry, calm the fuck down. Listen, I was trying to protect both Zahra and Blake."

"What's that shit you're talking?"

"Oh, you don't know that Zahra and Blake had sex?"

"WHAT THE FUCK?! I'll get back to you later."

Mom put the phone down and looked at me, not saying anything.

"Ion know what to say, Mom."

"THAT GIRL'S BEEN LIKE A SISTER TO YOU EVER SINCE YOU WERE FUCKING BORN!" she yelled. "AND YOU JEOPARDISE YOUR BOND BY FUCKING HER?!"

"Mom, it ain't like that. I been in love with Zahra since I were 'bout 14, aiight? And she ain't my real sister anyway! She ain't related to me by blood!"

"You think family bonds have to consist of sharing the same blood? No, Blake. Family's deeper than that and I am so, so disappointed in you. Your Dad will be completely devastated when he finds out," Mom said. She walked out of the house and drove off.

- CHRIS' POV

I was on the road, driving back home. I'd had a blast away from home but it was time to enter reality again. Yeah, the sex had been amazing but all I cared about now were my son, daughter and - I have to admit it - Kerry. I just wanted my family back.

* A FEW HOURS LATER *

"Hey Blake!" I shouted when I got in.

"Hi Dad," he replied. I heard footsteps on the stairs and then I saw him. He looked a mess.

"Have you ever heard of a shower?" I joked.

He stared at me gormlessly. "Dad, I need to break something to you. Something you ain't gon' like. Karrueche's moved Zahra away. Away to Vietnam."

-----------------------

A/N:

Hey guys, vote and comment if you liked this chapter!

Aaaw, I can actually imagine Chris singing Believer about Zahra when he finds out she's gone.