CHAPTER 25

- BLAKE'S POV

I'd got Mom's text in class a few hours ago and I was now walking through the front door of our house.

"DAD?" I shouted once I'd closed the door behind me. "YOU HERE?"

"YEAH," he replied back. He sounded like he'd been crying.

I walked upstairs and he was sprawled across his bed with his phone sitting comfortably in his hands.

I sat down. "You OK?"

"Yeah. I just can't get my head around this shit. You know what's happened?"

"Mom text me," I informed him. "I hope you ain't bothered but I told Zahra 'bout it."

"No, that's cool. How is Zahra, anyway?"

"Good."

"How about you invite her over tonight? We could watch a movie downstairs or something."

I adjusted myself so I wasn't sitting so uncomfortably. "Yeah, cool. I'll text her now."

B: 'Fancy comin ova later? Dad says we can watch a movie.'

Damn, she always replies so quick.

"Well? What did she say?" Dad asked.

Z: 'OK, sure. Sounds like fun. Want me to bring snacks? x'

"She said yeah."

B: 'You don't even need to ask twice haaahaa x'

Z: 'I'll go out & get some shit now then. talk to u later xx'

I slipped my phone back into my pocket.

"Hey," Dad randomly said. "I've got some really old shit to show you. May inspire you to do similiar."

"What the fuck you on about?"

He got off the bed and opened his closet, rummaging around the bottom and then retrieving a box. "Here they are."

He opened up the box and inside were these old clothes with some logo on them.

"This was my clothing label, Black Pyramid. I used to sell them online when I was about seven years into my career."

I got them out of the box and took a look at them. "You can tell they from near the beginning of the century but I still like them. I could do something like this."

"Yeah. And with my expertise in the field, I could help you," Dad smiled, putting the stuff back in the box and then putting the box away.

"I ain't gotta clue what I'd call my label," I stated.

"Look around the room. A name might jump out at you."

I began turning my head around the room like a fucking owl. There wasn't much in this room that could be classed as inspiring.

Dad could see I was having trouble. "Try the window."

I walked over to the window and looked out. The scenery around here was amazing and every window in the house had a great view. I could see the pinkish sun setting behind palm trees and golden sands and people were sat on the beach with campfires, beer and marshmallows. The roads around here were so narrow that it surprised me everytime I saw a car driving down them.

"The Windy Road," I said to him.

"Mm. Windy has two different meanings and pronunciations."

"OK. Er..."

I cast my gaze back to out of the window.

"... The Road Of Fire."

"Yeah, that's a good name. Now you gotta start drawing designs."

"Dad, it's the 2030s now, not the 2010s. I'll go to a graphics designer some time."

"They had graphic designers in the 10s, you know! I just thought if you drew them then you'd have a clear -"

"I'm shit at drawing. You know that," I said.

- ZAHRA'S POV

I got some snacks and then walked to their house. By Blake's texts, I was guessing Kerry had been the one that had left.

I knocked on the door.

"Hey," Chris welcomed me when he opened the door, hugging me. "Come in, come in."

Their house astounded me everytime I walked into it because our house was nothing compared to their's... it was so big.

"What movie do you want? Seeing as it's nearly Christmas, we could watch one of the Christmas movies."

"Hell no," Blake said as he walked through. "Hi Zahra."

"Hey Blake," I smiled. "You don't dig Christmas movies?"

"No."

"I actually appeared in one back in the day," Chris announced.

"Really?" Blake and I laughed in unison.

"Can we watch it?" I asked.

Chris laughed as well. "Sure."

Blake mouthed at me, 'This ain't gon' be good.' and I slapped him playfully across his arm. The three of us sat down on the couches, opened the snacks and watched the movie.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's going to happen? READ ON TO FIND OUT. ;)

Please don't forget to vote and comment! ♥