CHAPTER 21

- KERRY’S POV

We took Blake Milo Brown home in the early of hours of Thursday morning. He was so cute; extremely adorable.

Labour had been the most exhausting thing I had ever gone through. Sure, the results completely made up for it but still… it’s so much harder than everyone says it is.

“Come here, Blake,” Chris grinned, picking him up and putting him in his crib. Chris had built the crib the other day and it had taken him hours. He’d also decorated Blake’s room all by himself.

“I can’t believe we made him,” I said. “Look at him.”

“Yep, he’s one special boy,” Chris kissed me. “But it does feel like damn déjà vu… I just had a kid a week ago and now I got another one.”

“You’ll get used to it soon. They’ll be able to do everything together.”

Chris almost choked from laughing. “Yeah, I’m sure Karrueche will love that.”

“Karrueche’s actually an OK person. She’s just… how do I put it nicely? She’s a little messed up,” I said. “She doesn’t think like everyone else.”

“You can say that again.”

We walked out of Blake’s room and went downstairs.

“Is it OK if I make a hot chocolate?” I asked Chris.

“Sure,” he said.

“Do you want one?”

“No thanks, boo,” he smiled and then kissed me.

I walked into the kitchen and opened all the cupboards, trying to find the sachets. I then felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and Chris was down on one knee with a ring in his hand.

“Kerry.”

I started crying tears of happiness.

“Hey, boo, it’s OK,” Chris said, taking my hand. “You mean… you mean everything to me. And I was wondering if you would do me the honour of being my wife?”

“Yes,” I instantly replied, shaking. “Of course I will.”

He placed the ring on my finger and then got up and kissed me passionately on my lips. I wrapped my arms around his neck.

- CHRIS’ POV

Everything was happening at the same time this week - I’d had two kids and I’d gotten engaged. I wouldn’t want it any other way, though.

“Stay with me tonight,” I whispered in Kerry’s ear. “And forever.”

“You want me to move in?”

I kissed her neck. “Well we are engaged, baby.”

We went up to bed and Kerry spent the night in my arms.

I woke up at around midday and turned over to see that the other side of the bed was empty. I got up and walked into Blake's room. Sure enough, Kerry was there. She was holding Blake and singing some kind of lullaby to him.

"Boo, you gotta stop singing. You'll scare the shit out of him," I sniggered.

"Hey, no cussing around our baby," she said. "Do you want to hold him?"

I moved closed to Kerry and Blake and picked him up. "Hey, li'l man. You slept like a log, right?"

"I thought he'd be screaming the house down all night but he didn't make a noise once," Kerry smiled. "He's our goody two shoes."

"He won't be an angel for much longer."

Kerry looked at me in a strange way. "Oh yeah? Do you have a crystal ball or something?"

"Yep, you ain't seen it yet?" I laughed.

"No, I haven't."

Blake looked up at me with his big eyes and he looked so damn cute. He didn't move his eyes for a while, like he was in a trance.

Kerry noticed it as well. "Aw, look at Blake, Chris. He's trying to tell you something."

I cocked my head to the side, putting my ear near his mouth and pretending that I knew what he was trying to tell me. "You said that Momma looks beautiful? That's so cute, Blake! She always beautiful... every single day."

She started to blush a little. "Stop fooling around, Chris."

"That's what he said, though! Tell her, Blake, tell her!"

Blake started crying and I kissed him on the cheek. "It's OK, Blake, it's OK. You don't need to be ashamed because you think Momma is beautiful."

"Chris," Kerry laughed. "Stop it."

I gave Blake back to her. "You can help yourself to breakfast downstairs, boo. I ain't gotta clue what I got in but there should be something there."

"Thanks, Chris," she said, kissing me and walking out.

I paced up and down the room, glancing out of the window and then at Blake every now and again. Was I accomplishing everything too fast? Would it all backfire? Nothing in my life never went completely right for me... every silver lining had a cloud. And would I be a good father to my kids or would I let them down? Would I let Kerry down?

I kept thinking like that for a few minutes until Kerry shouted me. "CHRIS, DO YOU WANT SOME OF THIS TOAST?!"

"YES PLEASE, BOO!" I yelled back, exiting Blake's room and making my way downstairs. I hated this damn house because it was too big. There were so many rooms that weren't even used that it was just a waste of space. I don't even know why I bought the shit.

Kerry was sat at the breakfast bar in the kitchen, tucking into some toast.

"Here," she mumbled with her mouth full, passing me the plate. I sat down and took a piece.

We sat in silence for a while, both of us not knowing what to say. She was probably thinking about everything like I was.

- KERRY'S POV

I still couldn't get my head around the fact that I would become Mrs. Kerry Brown pretty soon. I did think that I was perhaps too young but I could really see myself spending the rest of my life with Chris.

"Chris," I said, interrupting the silence. "Can I meet your Mom?"

"Why?"

"Because we're getting married? I want to meet the person who raised my fiance."

Chris wiped the crumbs on his lips with the back of his hand. I pulled a face at his action and he gave out a little laugh.

"OK, boo. What about tomorrow? We could bring Blake and I could ask Karrueche if I can take Zahra as well."

"Yeah, cool," she replied. "Are you sure your Mom won't mind two newborns in the house?"

"She's their grandparent. She'll love it."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm already planning in my head what will happen when Zahra and Blake grow up; it's going to be interesting so please keep reading if you like this story! ♥

VOTE. COMMENT. THANKS, BITCH. ;)