1: Mystery Begins.

It was 17th of December, Saturday. 1983.

That night was much colder and darker than usual but she couldn't resist her habit of wandering under the dark sky. Stars were shining like diamonds. The sky was clear but dark. Branches of the old giant trees were making the surrounding gloomy and darkling.

As she was walking recklessly, humming some melody. She was enjoying the sound of dry and dead leaves smashing under her steps. The freezing breezes caused her to wrap her shawl around her body more tightly as she was managing to hold her coffee cup in her one hand. She put down her coffee mug on the marble bench beside her and sat under the oldest tree which she didn't notice at all.

Her phone beeped.

David

She saw David's name on the screen. That's when she realized she still hadn't tell him that she shifted into a new house.

"Adi! Don't forget to bring that Assignment we made last week. Professor wants that assignment tomorrow and please come as it is urgent". She frowned as she thought about the struggle she and David put into that 'damn' assignment. She had to spend that day at David's house and they stayed up all night working on it. It was just the mere beginning of their friendship.

She was restless. The thought of unpacking her luggage was making her lazy but she knew that she can't skip university as it was the last date for submission of the assignment which was buried deep down in her suitcase. She had been attending Georgia tech for five months now.

Deep down inside her she was fighting the laziness as she had a lot of work to do.

***

Adeline Cartar was a 21 years old Canadian girl. People around her used to tell her how attractive she looks with a tan skin and dark honey eyes. Her brown hair were not too nice-looking but her beautiful features subordinate the frowziness of her hair. Her daring nature was yet another thing which made her more impressive

  After completing her college studies, she applied in some of the best universities of America to get admission in Architecture Designing. After the results came out, she had option between two best universities. George Washington University and The Georgia Institute of Technology. One of them was in Washington but she had never visited Washington before so Adeline preferred 'The Georgia Institute Of Technology' which was in Atlanta, Georgia. She had visited Georgia numerous times to inspect her grandma Minerva and Atlanta was one of her favorite places.

It was Adeline's first day in her Grandma's manor. Before coming here she was living with her Grandma in Townsend. But It used to take her 3 to 4 hours to reach there. Thought of renting an apartment was hunting her mind. Her Grandma couldn't saw her granddaughter in such trouble so she unveiled a secret house that she owned and suggested Adeline to live there. Adeline never knew her grandma owned a house like that. Although her grandma never lived in that house but she referred her to live there so Adeline moved there without asking further questions.

That was whole of a manor, It was this huge. Adeline found it beautiful, the unique way of construction attracted her.

The house was surrounded by a lush green garden in front and had a backyard which was sun baked and dried because of insufficient water. Dark and long branches of old trees were blocking the light as they were tangled and making a horrible nasty and knotty roof of the backyard.

The building was big and had wide entrance. Four gigantic pillars were supporting the wide roof of the big house. Two were on the front and the other two were behind them helping the building to stand proudly. Between them in the center there was a big entrance door made of some fine wood.