When Ian Met Mickey

Start from the beginning

When Ian met Mickey, he never imagined that this is what it would come to.

Ian begging for Mickey back, Mickey rejecting him... Jesus, who would've thought Mickey could actually find another guy for himself? Since when did Mickey become comfortable with being gay? When Ian left?

It was driving Ian insane with heartbreak. He wanted to desperately know what Mickey had been up to since he left. Mickey got a job, something Ian never thought could happen. Not that Ian didn't have faith or belief in Mickey, but because he never thought Mickey could commit to it. But the one thing that surprised Ian the most, was the fact that Mickey had let go of drinking. The last, last thing Ian ever would've thought Mickey could do was let go of alcohol.

When Ian met Mickey, he knew he'd never be able to move on.

Which is why Ian sat here, right now, on the porch of his own house more lost than ever before.

"Are you fucking deaf?"

Ian snapped back into reality, eyes blinking as he looked up at Jamie Milkovich. "Oh, hey James. How long have you been there?"

Jamie scoffed and shook his head, sitting down next to Ian on the porch. He took a box out with a marijuana leaf on the cover and rolled himself a joint. "Asked you where Mickey was like 37 times. What's wrong with you?"

"He's inside," Ian replied quietly. Jamie just stared at him. "I don't what's wrong with me, I'm just tired."

"I've heard that enough times out of Mickey's mouth to know that's bullshit," Jamie chuckled a little. Ian gave him a sideways smile, which made Jamie's heart hurt a little.

Jamie hated seeing Ian like this, even though he'd never say it aloud. Honestly, when Ian left Mickey at the worst time he hated the red bitch, but now he's started to lighten up to the kid again. Ian has been through a lot of shit because of Mickey, shit that can't be forgotten. "What's going on with you two?"

"I don't know," Ian sighed, dropping his head into his hands. "He says we're just friends."

"Mickey? Just friends with a guy like you?" Jamie snorted. "Even Iggy could sense the bullshit in something like that."

Ian laughed a little. "Really? You think I still got a chance with him?"

"You two are like an old married couple, trust me. You bicker and fight all the time, then fuck so much kids at the end of the street are talking about it."

"Your brother does have a very sexual bone-"

Ian was cut off when Jamie's hand met the back of his head. "Fuck off. I don't need to hear that about my brother."

They sat in silence for a while, passing the blunt back and forth.

"What's your love life like?" Ian asked eventually. Jamie shrugged.

"Got a girl up in New York, go down there few times a week when I can to see her."

"What's her name?"

Jamie smiled down at his feet, eyes sparkling. Ian guessed nobody asked him about this girl before. "Alessia. She's perfect."

"What she look like?" Ian was intrigued.

Jamie let out a breath and looked at the sky. "Beautiful, man. So damn pretty, like the way flowers sway in the wind on a nice summer day? That's what she's like. Calm, soft and light. I never thought I could fall in love, never thought I could commit but I was wrong. I just didn't have the right girl before, but Alessia... I've commit to her for years. Yeah, I fucked up here and there, but in the end she's always got my everything."