HCTS 13 - #GetHerBack

Beginne am Anfang

I didn't hug him back. I don't know. My whole body felt numb. My heart, I know it beats for them, but I don't feel it inside.

I want something. I'm craving for something. I need to do something.

"I'm safe there, Dad. What are you talking about?" I asked and then to Dave. "You killed my friends, Dave. You're a killer!" I snapped.

Dave shook his head, "We saved you from those drug lords, Dewlon! They're not your friends!" Dave said almost shouting.

I shook my head and smile, "No, they're my friends. William lends me his room, Jeremy gave me lots of treats." I said defending my friends out there.

"They're gone now...Jun...Dave and the secret task force killed them." Dad said.

"Dewlon Scott Montesor!" an angry woman's voice roared at the back of dad.

Dad moves a bit and then I saw Mom wearing her unusual facial expression walking towards me.

"Walang hiya kang bata ka! Where is Graisyl!?" sigaw niya.

At least could she hugged me for a while. Does she even care?

"Wow!" I said while clapping my hands. "Really, Mom? Graisyl? Don't you wanna hugged your son, first before anything?" I asked with a laugh.

She didn't hug me. It even gets worse.

"She was pregnant, Dewlon! Her father went straight to us because her brother knows and she runs away...with you! Now where is she!? Where's Graisyl and your child!"

Kumunot ang noo ko, "What!? I didn't run away with her and most especially I'm not the father of her child!" I shouted.

Namilog ang mata niya, "What the hell!" she shouted. Dad calmed her but Mom was gasping for air.

I was alarmed, but I can't move. They ended up in the hospital taking Mom while me, I was dragged by another car and I know where will it go.

I was worried about Mom. I don't know what gotten into me that I forgot that she has a heart attack. I can't afford to see her die because of me.

After a lot of months, I was treated and well cared at the rehabilitation center. They treated me special. Dad and Joshua never forget to visit me. But, Mom and Jewel? They still hate me.

Dave and Karline visited me. They don't visit often but I appreciate it.

"You look better, Dewlon!" puri ni Karline.

"Well, he has to be! You really need to get out of here! The world is moving yet you're here stuck." sabi niya at umiling-iling.

I shook my head with a smile, "Yeah, I know. That's why I'm cooperating..." I said.

"See? He changed much. He often smiles!" tukso ni Karline.

Sumimangot ako at umiwas ng tingin. These two cousins are very much annoying but, they're all I have...and both of them are a keeper.

I was alone again in my private room. I remember my first week here. I was always quiet and very silent.

No one can talk to me. I was always visited by nightmares of Asia and the girl that I just bumped but here in the rehabilitation center they made me understand all of it.

That was a mistake. It was a mistake of mine, but God has a plan for it. God has plans for me and I know...he wants me to make my mistake, right.