Low Calorie Salads with Homemade Salad Dressing

To some of us salads are something healthy people eat and it sound so unappealing, some even describe it as being boring and tasteless, they don't fill you up, I've also heard some go as far as saying I'm not a salad person, the truth is that anyone can make an awesome tasting salad it all depends on what you use and how you make them. The key to making a good salad is to change the base of the salad. Most people use iceberg lettuce as the base. What you can do to enhance your salad is to change up the base so you're going to get a different taste; you can use bok choy, kale or baby lettuce. Bok choy is so good for you it's a wonderful anti-inflammatory and is very good for your digestion. It's very fresh and seems to have a lot of water to it. Baby lettuce has a very different taste, it's mild and taste fresh and light. You can spruce up your salad to make it colorful and flavorful by adding green or purple onions, colorful bell peppers and to add weight use tofu and mushrooms so you'll feel like you actually ate something. Lastly always toss your salad it causes you to use less salad dressing.

On my two week weight loss, for lunch I ate a salad and 8 to 10 oz of organic vegetable broth or chicken broth. Most brand-name salad dressings are loaded with calories some are packed with up to 200 calories and 20 grams of fat. Even the so call low calorie salad dressings  are packed with both calories and fat and unhealthy additives. That why I make my own it has about a third the calories and not only taste better it's healthier.

Low cal homemade Salad dressing recipe

1½ tbsp mellow white miso

1 tsp Dijon mustard

¼ tsp grarlic granulas

1½ lemons juiced

¼ tsp Italian seasoning (dried)

For honey mustard, add 1 tbsp raw organic honey

This meal contains less than 100 calories