|22|

"Jess! Out of my way! Jess, baby!" I hear Adam hollered.

I look away from the paramedic to look at his direction. He was looking around frantically searching for me.

I took off the blanket and ran towards him. "Adam!"

Adam pulled me into a hug and squeezed me hard. His heart was racing and I feel bad that he was so worried and scared.

He pulls away and puts his hands on each side of my face. "Are you okay baby? Please tell me you are. You didn't get hurt or anything did you?" Adam asked me while searching my face and body.

I smile softly and take his big hands in mine. "Babe, I'm fine. Okay? No bruises, nothing."

He sighed in relief and then hugged me while kissing my forehead.

A police officer walks towards us with a notepad in his hands. He outstretched his hand towards Adam got him to shake.

"My name is Anthony Jefferson. Pleased to meet you."

"Adam Moon. What did you find?"

Anthony let out a breath and shook his head.

Uh oh.

"Nothing yet. There was no sign of breaking in. But we can tell for sure that it was a male. There was a little bit of mud in the kitchen. Which means that he got into the back door. We can't really do much because there's no security cameras in the house. I'm sorry."

I gave him an understanding nod and look at Adam. His face was red and he looked like he waned to punch someone.

"Baby, please. Let's go to yours." I tell him.

His eyes softened when they landed on me. He nodded and took my hand.

.......

"When they find him, whoever the fuck he is, I will kill him." Adam spat in anger. He was pacing in front of me.

"You wouldn't. You'd go to jail." I tell him

He laughed dryly. "Oh watch me."

I roll my eyes

I roll my eyes. "I wouldn't come and visit you in jail."

Adam looks over at me his nose flaring. He takes one of the vases by the front door and threw it against the room.

I jumped off the couch because I didn't expect him to do that.

I look at the pieces of broken glass on the floor with wide eyes.

He takes a seat across me and put his head in his hands. He looks up seconds later.

"Do you have any idea how worried I was when I found out that someone snuck into your house?" He said his voice cracking a little

"Do you have any idea how worried I was when I found out that someone snuck into your house?" He said his voice cracking a little. "I was worried that they would do something and hurt you. I was worried that I wouldn't see you again.  I was petrified because I realized that I love you and that I don't wanna spend the rest of my life without you." By the time he was finished, tears were streaming down his face.

"You l-l-ove me?" I ask him quietly.

"Yes Jess, I love you with all my heart." His voice cracking up.

"Are you sure you're not just saying that?"

He laughs softly and shook his head. "Yes I'm sure."

I ran my hand through my hair sigh. "I don't know what to say."

There was a silence and it was awkward. I couldn't look at him. He just declared his love for me and I couldn't say it back.

A pair of arms wrapping around my body snapped me out of my thoughts.

"It's okay if you don't feel the same yet. Tell me when you're ready." He says giving me a kiss on my forehead.

♥▼♥▼♥▼

I woke up the next morning to feel a
strong arm wrapped around my waist. I started to panic but then the memories of last night flash onto my head.

The intruder. The police. Adam telling me he loves me.

Adam shifted a little. I turn around to look at him. He looks so peaceful. His hair is a mess. His long and dark eyelashes rest on his cheekbones. He has a small smile on his lips. Even when he looks like a mess he still looks handsome.

"Stop staring." He said in a deep voice. I chuckle and cuddle on his chest and he wrap his arms around me tightly. "So how was last night?" He asks and I can feel him smiling.

"From a scale of 1 to 10 it broke my scale."

"That great huh?"

"Yep."

"Well I'm glad." I kiss him and that kiss turn into something more.

We did it again

And again

And again.

Finally we finish and we got ready and left for work.

#

I got back from work and was checking my mailbox when I saw a big box wrapped in gift wrapping paper. I pick it up and look at it.

I take the rest of my mail and went inside my house. I walk into the living room and froze when I see him sitting in my sofa.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him with anger in my voice.

"Oh hey babe. I came here to see you and talk with you – you know – like lovers do." Derek said with a smirk on his face.

How the hell did he get into my house?

"Derek how many times do I have to tell you that me and you aren't lovers and we will never be." I tell him in a stern voice.

He angrily walks toward me and slap me. "Listen you dirty bitch. Don't talk to me like that you hear me?" I ignore him and touch the cheek he slapped. He slaps me one more time. "I SAID DO YOU HEAR ME!" I whimper and nodded. He smiles a wicked smile and said. "Good girl." Then look behind me. "Now take her."

I look at him confusedl. I was about to turn around when someone wrap something on my mouth and hit me on the head, hard. And then I blacked out.

#

Uh oh.