Chapter Fifteen

I can't sleep... maybe I should text Jessie... wait no... ugh... I can't stay mad at her forever...

Me: u awake?
Jessie: no, I was actually asleep. I'm healing my leg right now. what do you want anyway?
Me: I can't sleep.
Jessie: that's great. Now, if you text me one more time I'll block you.
Me: I dare you.
Jessie: I have my first cheer tournament tomorrow anyways and we have big competition. Bye!
Me: no wait please!

Message read at 3:36 PM

Aw man! I wish I had Conor's number... he would totally be up right now! I remember when he said; 'yeah I'm always up around three or something. Eating, playing video games, or studying. That's mostly what I do!'

Maybe I should go to the lake.

I walk over and see Jason sitting on a rock. He seems to be on his phone. I decide to walk towards him. I greet him, "hi Jason!" He responds, "hey! Have you gotten my number yet?" I chuckle, "no... why?" He smiles and says, "because I wanna text you!" "Okay..." I mutter, "anything wrong?" He asks, I look at him.

Everything's wrong genius.

"Nothing! Just tired... speaking of which, I should totally get back to my room!" I chirp, "okay... goodnight!" He says, as I walk away. My jeans grow damp again.

Why do I always go in the lake with my clothes on?

I decide to try to sleep. Okay, it took three hours to do that... "wake up sleepyhead!" Kate boasts, as Allison curls her hair. "Hi!" I yawn, "are you alright?" Allison asks, with a blank expression. "I'm better than ever! Well not completely... because you know, Jason has a thing for Angie- oh, help me!" I whimper, "okay..." Allison says, backing away. "Allison!" Kate exclaims, "what? I can't handle boy drama! You do it!" Allison groans, as Kate feels my forehead. "Oh no... she's getting a cold!" Kate says, "nope. I'm not getting sick. It's Saturday and I'm not getting a cold." Allison says, "just kidding! She's just pale, she has dark circles, her hairs all messed up... Annabelle! Did you get any sleep? Are you okay?" Kate asks, "yes! I'm alright."  I say firmly, "Okay good!" Kate chirps.

I walk outside to the lake with Lulu. The sunrise makes it look so beautiful.

I decide to let Lulu run around and play while I take a nap under a tree because Lulu seems really well trained. I wake up and I don't see Lulu! I look left and right.

No... please no... nobody hurt Lulu...

I cry and fall to the ground...

Lulu..!

I call out her name but nobody responds. I look over to a big rock on the lake and I see Angie with Lulu. I run to the lake. Who cares that I have leggings on? I wanna see Lulu! "What are you doing with my dog?" I ask, "oh, it's yours?" She remarks, "yes!" I boast, as she looks at me with her hazel eyes.

"No."