Isaac and Brett Catch Up: The Date

Isaac:

Isaac and I decided to stay in for our first date and watch Disney movies all day. I put my hair into a ponytail and started to grab drinks from the fridge as Isaac set up the Netflix on the TV. At first, when Isaac asked me out I was nervous that he was going to make me go to some fancy restaurant where that food would actually not be that good. But when he said that he wasn't going to make me get all dressed up but that we would spend a simple night inside the apartment watching old Disney movies I was ecstatic. I could act like myself and not worry about people watching me eat in a restaurant which is good since I eat like an animal. I came out of the kitchen with two cans of soda and a bag of chips on the other hand. Isaac seemed to just finish up setting up Netflix and chose Mulan as the first movie.

"Nice choice Isaac," I say placing everything down onto the coffee table.

 He turns his head away from the TV to me smiling.

 "Well, I thought we watch something with a little action and romance first then move on to the more romantic ones."

I nod my head and sit on the couch, "Sounds like a plan to me."

 Isaac sat next to me with his arm up on the couch behind me then he pressed play to the movie. Slowly throughout the movie, I slowly started to lean on Isaac eventually laying my head on his shoulder by the end of Mulan. I move off his shoulder so he was able to change the movie which he did by choosing The Little Mermaid which was my favorite Disney movie. I had a bright smile on my face as soon as the movie started and became suddenly giddy. When Isaac sat back down on the couch I put my head back on his shoulder while his arm wrapped around me. His hand slowly moved up and down my side as I watched The Little Mermaid.

 "I am really glad you said yes to my date. I really like you and I want to be the one to always put that smile on your face," Isaac whispers in my ear. 

I smile up at him," I really like you too Isaac and this is probably the best first date I've ever had." 

He smiles back and squeezes my side then kissing my temple. For the rest of the day, we laid on the couch in our sweats, eating junk food, and singing along to Disney songs. Moving to Paris was definitely worth it.

Brett:

I was laying on my couch scrolling through my phone as the TV played in the background. As I was scrolling through my phone I heard a knock on the door. I slowly got up from the couch over to the door opening it slightly to see it was Brett holding a picnic basket. 

I open the door wider, "Hey Brett what are you doing here?" 

He looks up from the ground and smiles," Well I thought you would like to have a picnic with me?" "You mean a date?" I say giggling. 

"Sure let's call it that," Brett says blushing. 

"Well, I would love to so let me go grab a jacket and then I can go." 

I let Brett in as I tell him to wait on the couch while I grab a jacket which really meant I was going to make myself look a little better. I comb my hair, put on a little lipstick, grab a pair of boots, and put on my cutest jacket. Once I checked myself in the mirror I ran down the stairs to see Brett sitting on the couch with a nervous look on his face as he ran his hands up and down on his jeans. 

"Are you ready to go Brett?" I ask. 

He whips his head to me and smiles," Yeah and you look beautiful."

 I blush as he gets up from the couch walking towards me. He grabs my hand as we both walk out the door towards the park since it was only a few blocks away. Once we got to the park I saw a picnic blanket on the ground while the tree had lights hanging on it. I gasp and cover my mouth with both hands as I stared at the beautiful setup. 

"Do you like it?" Brett whispers in my ear putting a hand on my lower back.

 I turn to him and instantly wrap my arms around his shoulders," I love it, Brett."

 I could feel him smile against my cheek and we hug for a few more moments until I pulled away. 

I grab his hand that didn't have the picnic basket and pull him towards the picnic set up he made, "Come on Brett I am not letting this beautiful set up to waste plus I am starving."