CHAPTER 23 - SOME BLOODY BIRTHDAY

'You should know I'm not doing this because I have to. I want to.' Jennifer broke the silent car trip which I was enjoying actually, and decided to open her big gob.

I groaned and Derek glanced at me smirking while Scott and stiles were at the front bickering.

'I could still run, and you wouldn't have an easy time stopping me. But I don't want your sister to die. I'm only doing what I had to do.' She carried on and I groaned grabbing her arm the was next to me and squeezing it hard.

' argh.' SHe muttered
'Shut up.' I ordered

'You need to hear the whole story, Derek.
You need to know just how connected we really are.' She said
'Stop talking.' Derek answered and that made me internally laugh about his bluntness

'I-' I then huffed cutting Jennifer off
' listen sweetie ''stop talking'' means it's when you tongue stays trapped in that fat mouth of yours.' She stayed speechless, ' if you need help with that I can easily help you by pulling your tongue from your head.' I threatened and Derek met out a short laugh- oh no sorry he's tries to mask it into some sort of deranged cough.

We get out of the car and I see stiles holding something.
'What's that? ' Scott asks

'Well, you got claws. I got a bat.' He says as we rush into reception

'Scott! Scott! What are you doing here? The hospital's evacuating.' Melissa yells
'We're here for Cora. What, all of you? Why does Stiles have my bat? ' she rambles

'Mom, breathe.' Scott points out
'The building is supposed to be clear in 30 minutes. We've got two ambulances that are coming back. One's 10 minutes out, the other's 20. Cora needs to be on one of those. They'll be picking up in the basement garage. Got it?' She orders

'Yeah.' Scott says and we run after Derek who's in a rush to see his sister while holding Jennifer like a dog.

'You don't have to keep me on a leash, Derek. I'm going to help.' Jennifer whines

'Derek!' I say panicked as we all see the elevator door swing open and the familiar alphas come snarling through.

' Ethan, Aiden, stop! You don't know what you're doing.' Scott begged but then they charged towards us.

I mean what do you do when two werewolves literally form into one and begin to charge towards you.
Normal people run.
Me? I stayed still. To scared to move, or maybe to stupid to.

'All we want is her.' They snarled towards Jennifer and I turned to derek who was ready to attack.
'Jess move!' Stiles yelled
'Wh-'
'Move!' Derek then yelled and I blink.

Once.
Twice.
Three times.

But the fourth one doesn't happen because I'm being hurled into a wall like a rag doll.

'Jessica!' Simone yells but there this beeping notice that fills my ears and i groan feeling blood as I reach for my head, which was throbbing and there was an umbarable pain in my neck.
I was about to scream but then everything goes black.

DEREKS POV

I was about to move.
About to grab her.
About to pull her away but they got to her first and threw her into the wall.

I fought from there and saw peter picking Jessie up and taking her to where Cora was.

They clawed at me again, ripping at my torso and I growled trying to get them down.
Scott was fighting too and stiles was in the corner edging towards the door where Peterson was stood.

After effortless fighting I realised that it was pointless and we followed stiles.

'Where's the big guy?' Stiles immediately asks
'He's close.' Scott Answers
'What about Ms. Blake?' Stiles answers and I look at Scott who looks slightly scared.
'What do you mean? What does that mean? Like, she's gone? - Scott, are you kidding me?' I yell looking at him and back to Jessie who was being looked over by peter.

'Derek.' Peter then says stepping back from Jessica, which bloody fingertips.

Roar! I hear faintly

'I-'

'Shh, quiet.' I say
'Me be quiet? Me, huh? Are you telling me what to do now? When your psychotic, mass murdering girlfriend the second one you've dated, by the way has got my dad somewhere, tied up, waiting to be ritually sacrificed? Stiles, they're still out there.
And and they want her, right? Which means now we don't have her either, so my dad and Cora are both dead and Jessie is unconscious!' Stiles then yells and I feel s little bit bad for the boy

'Not yet.' Scott says determined
'Is she really dying? ' I then ask peter
'She's definitely not getting any better.' Peter says
'And look at this.' Peter says and everyone gathers around to where he's pointing

'What?' Scott asks and derek turns Jessie's head over to where the bone in her neck was sticking through the skin.
' what the hell!' Stiles panics
'Shouldn't she be dead?' Scott whispers
'Yeah but her heart. it's beating.' Peter says and I concentrated on her heart.

Ba bum ba bum ba bum

'Then she's definitely not human...' Scott says shocked.

'Yeah but what is she?' I ask and we all look at each other clueless.

(Unedited)