CHAPTER 26 - OBSESSED

3rd person- 2 weeks later

Let's say after that night.

The night where everyone found out Derek and Jessica were more than just friends.
The night when everyone found out that Allison and Isaac had something.
The night where everyone realised that Derek hales heart could be broken.

After that night Derek had become.....obsessed with trying to find a way to help the stilinksi twin.

It had involved sleepless nights, lots of coffee and a few werewolf brawls.

Derek had finally figured something out :

And it had involved him bringing a few of the pack together.

///////

Scott, Allison, stiles along with Cora who had insisted on coming along with Allison were sat on the small couch looking at Derek.

Derek was not a pretty sight.
Bags under eyes, unshaven, greasy hair and dirty shirts.

He was the definition of obsessed.

'Dude are you feeling ok?' Scott asks as Derek snaps out of his daze and turns to him with a blank expression.

'Huh?' He asked leaning on the table for support while Cora, subtly but a sandwich near his hand.
Which he absentmindedly took and began to chop down in a few seconds flat.

She smiled at herself for putting food in her brothers empty system.

'I said are you feeling ok?' Scott repeated
'Fine.' Derek said too quick to be believable but still Scott nodded anyway.

Derek cleared his throats and everyone looked at him showing full attention.
'this is obviously about Jess.' He started which still made everyone's hearts pang with sadness.

Her cause was still a mystery.

'I'll start then...' Derek trailed off 'I think after she tried to kill her self that already left a darkness around her soul or heart or whatever, so when you let her kill herself again-' you could tell by the anger in Derek's voice this still baffled him -'you were giving her souls exactly what she wanted.' Derek took a breath and took a sip of coffee which Cora rolled her eyes at.

'Derek..' she scolded and he looked at her quizzically before looking at the cup, and spitting the coffee back in it.

'Sorry.' He mumbled thinking of yesterday when Cora had thrown the coffee machine out the window and Derek had then secretly bought a new one later that day.

'Ok so what she's dead?' Stiles asked but Derek shook his head

'I was also thinking about the incident at the hospital when she broke her neck, in a place that should cause death but her heart was still beating.
He said

'So is she like us?' Scott asked, 'supernatural?'

'I don't know....' Derek trailed off rubbing his fave before picking up the coffee he had just spat and drinking the whole cup. Screw Cora.

He kept the mug in his white knuckles while the pack members continued to ask questions.

'So when will she wake up?'
'Will she wake up?'
'Derek do you know more?'
'Can you feel anything? She is your mate.'
'What if her souls trapped in the nemeton?'

This was enough for Derek to be pushed over the edge and throw the coffee mug to the floor watching it smash into a billion pieces before straining into his room.

Cora went to go after him but stiles shook his head and she sighed.
Poor Derek hale was taking this harder than anyone.

/////

Derek stormed in his room as slammed the door taking a few breaths.

He needed to calm down before he wolfed out or worse, a panic attack.

His was feeling dizzy (probably due to lack of food) and he stumbled around the room in search for something to hold his weight.

'Derek it's ok baby.'

Dereks head snapped around the room as he searched for her voice.

'Jess?' He crocked

'I'm right here, it's ok.'

He shook his head but somehow this seemed so real to him.
He felt her hand on his cheek and he closed his eyes letting multiple tears fall.

'Jessie where are you?' He whispered and she looked at him smiling

'I'm right here baby.'

He went to walk to where she stood at the open window ledge.
About to follow her to the edge.

In the back of his mind he knew it was tricks but still......

'Come on Derek.'

'I'm coming...' Derek whispers about to take the last step before to strong arms pull him back.

The owners of these arms were Scotts and him and the rest of the pack stared in shock as his eyes were fixated on the window.

'Jess!'

/////////

Shortie to show the impact of her loss.
Don't worry her ''situation'' will be sorted soon along with Derek's sanity.