CHAPTER 29 - DISTRACTIONS

Knock.

I groaned in my sleep and rolled over.

Knock.

I shoved a pillow over my head.

Knock.

'Shut up!' I sleepily groaned and then I heard a shuffling noise before my covers were thrown off me making me curl up in coldness.

'Morning sunshine!' The voice said and I opened one eye to see Scott, stiles, Lydia and Derek all smirking at me.

I yawned looking at my alarm clock.

12:30pm.

Oh well at least I had a good sleep.

'Come on, it's fun day!' Stiles enthusiastically said and I looked at them with a raised eyebrow.

'Scott and stiles I understand would do something like this, Lydia's safety back up.....Derek what are you doing here?' I asked wiping the sleep out of my eyes.

'Well it's..fun day.' Derek said faking a smile, and ending up looking like shrek.

I barked a laugh walking to the bathroom and slamming the door with a quick ''be down in 30''.

I brushed my hair shoving on a black hoodie with jeans and uggs. No makeup and some chapstick.

That will do.

'Ok what are we doing?' I grumbled walking down the stairs

'Well to stop you being a grumpy monkey we are having a cheer up Jessie mission!' Stiles yelled wrapping his arms around me and spinning me around.

'I'm just making sure they don't kill you.' Lydia added and I smiled

'I'm making sure she does her job right.' Derek barked at the back and I suddenly liked his ''obviously fake'' happy attitude.

I raised an eyebrow 'ok so where are we going?' I asked again

'Well we're having a walk to the park, and then there's a club tonight so yeah.' Lydia said and I nodded

'Wait.....the park?'

Soon after I found myself getting shoved in stiles' jeep with the rest of the gang and on my way to beacon hills great children preserve. (Aka giant kids park)

Derek had his hand entwined in my own and a familiar song came in the radio.

Mr bright side by the killers.

I smiled looking at Lydia who was sat to my left.

'Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just fine ...' I sang quietly and I saw the edges of Derek's mouth twitch up.

'What?' I asked and he laughed

'Don't stop on my account.' He cockily answered and I punched his shoulder.

' only 10 more minuets!' Scott sang and for the first time in a while I was ok with being both equally happy and sad at the same time.

'So Lydia packed food.' Scott called and I smiled at Lydia who winked.

'Thanks babe.' I mouthed and she nodded.

'Hey where's ally?' I asked

'Something about sleeping all day and forever.' Lydia said and I laughed, 'apparently she's having trouble sleeping.'

'Me too.' I answered

'Me three!' Stiles yelled

'Me four!' Scott shouted

'Me one million.' Derek grumbled, 'you lot have mentally killed me...'

'Derek. Smile. Now.' Stiles barked

'We're here!' Stiles then yelled again and I cheered

'I claim swings!' I yelled as we got out the car and I heard Scott mumble 'dammit'.

'What's so good about swings?' Derek asked and smirked.

'You've never been here before have you?' I asked and he sheepishly shook his head.

I dragged him up a large hill ignoring everyone else and he rolled his eye picking me up and running up to the top.

'Direct me.' He ordered and I laughed pointing northwest.

He ran there until he say the clearing.

One giant swing at the edge of a ledge, underneath was a large air pit.

'What is this?' He asked and I squirmed making his drop me.

'Come on!' I screamed then seeing Scott and tried running to the swing faster, sadly no avail and I ended up waiting for him.

After a millennium I hopped on, beaming at Derek's cautious face as I pushed off. I swinging a couple of times getting momentum before jumping off.

My body began to fly forward and I let out a happy yell feeling the air through my lungs and my hair flew in my mouth and my legs swung around.

After time had stopped, I finally landed, recovering before rolling off to Derek.

'Your turn.' I ordered to him and he coughed a little

'What!'

'Your go.' I said slower

'No. nope.' He said looking at the contraction, back at me, at the pack, back to me.

'Pweeese....' I begged and he sighed

'Once.' He answered and I giddily nodded watching as he walked there and the pack cheered him on.

He swung twice before plummeting into the air and seconds later, into the bag.

That was it then, he had about 100000000000000000000000000000 goes.

(I just accidentally typed hoes Instead of goes and I nearly peed myself 😂😂😂)

By the time we had all had frequent goes on each thing it was about 6 o'clock and Lydia was ordering me home so she could but me through the torture of a makeover while the boys waited - not so patiently- down the stairs.