Believe Me When I Tell You

This was requested by @Le_Sandpit_Turtle
Enjoy everyone!

[] Kellin's Pov []

I ran my thin fingers along my skirt, smoothing over all the folds. Nearly an hour more of this and I could leave this godforsaken place. My next period was health. Sexual education, to be specific. I had a feeling this wasn't going to go well. We all entered the classroom and took our assigned seats. I made sure to keep my head low to avoid anyone making a snarky comment towards me.

"Okay, guys, shh. Settle down," Mr Irwin announced loudly, ceasing everyone's chatter. "Here we are, I know, the most awkward class of the year, but pull up your big boy panties and get over it, because it's mandatory. Now the boys will be staying in here and the girls will go with Mrs. Birch-Moor."

A loud laugh came from the back of the class, followed by, "Then where does Kellin go?"

I felt my heart sink into the pits of my stomach at the harsh comment about me. Was it really necessary for them to do this? I did identify as a male, but happen to like wearing 'girl clothes'. What could possibly be so wrong about that?

"Oliver! That was extremely rude! One more comment like that and you're in the office, now shut it!" Irwin barked, his face turning bright red. He didn't take anyone's shit.

I heard Oliver scoff in annoyance behind me.

I sunk a little bit lower in my seat, trying to just make it through this period without crying. I would have to be stupid to think that was the only thing that was going to be said to me today. There was always something more everyone had to say. Sometimes, instead of a mutter of 'faggot' when I walk by, I wanted a simple compliment on my skirt, or maybe that they liked my necklace. It really sucked to have so much hatred directed towards you for something as simple as the clothes you wore. As the girls from my class got up to leave with Mrs. Birch-Moor, I felt one of them obnoxiously flick the back of my head, making me flinch.

Giggles came from the other girls, until eventually they all started to poke or flick me on their way out of the classroom.

Breath, Kellin. They just want a reaction and the attention of the boys. It's okay. Just one more period to go. You got this. I turned off my self-assuring voice in my head after I felt a little better and tuned into Mr. Irwin. Only a couple of minutes later, I saw a piece of crumpled paper fall onto my desk. There was a huge part of me saying just to knock it off of the table, and I don't know why I didn't, but I picked it up like a mindless fool and opened it.

'Cock sucking whore' was written in bold letters.

I brushed the paper off my desk with shaking hands, not wanting to indulge in whatever nonsense it was the boys were dishing out today. Discreetly, I pulled my phone out from my bag, sending a text to my boyfriend, Vic.

Please come pick me up from school baby :(

Vic and I have been dating for almost two years. He'd finished high school when I met him in grade eleven and now I'm in twelve. I loved him a lot. He was something in my life that kept me grounded. Hopefully he would come when school finished and drive me home, because today was showing to be too much once again.

I focused all my attention back to Mr. Irwin as a distraction. "Now, we all know how our balls work, but I know we still have to go over it," he chuckled, to make the atmosphere lighter, pulling down the projector.

"I wouldn't say so. The only balls Kellin sees is her faggot boy toys'," Steve hollered, making my blood run cold.

'She' kept running through my head. They were all so ignorant towards me, and I absolutely hated it.