"Now," he continued while watching me. "How about you come to me so that I can finally kiss you for the first time since what now feels like forever."

            I couldn't wait, and for the life of me, I wouldn't wait for him to finish his sentence before running towards him, unable to keep the smile off my face simply because the love of my life, that person that completed me, was waiting for me with arms wide open.  It was beautiful, he was beautiful and as I kept moving towards him, I realized how much I've missed him and how grateful I was to him as I remembered Dexter's face and the pure joy I've felt inside me when he had revealed what had happened to him.

         I stood in front of Frederick, my smile widened. He looked skeptical standing there not knowing what was going through my mind.

          "So, are we finally done with the fighting?" He asked and I laughed, nodding my head furiously, I took that last step towards him, that step that made it impossible for even a fly to get between us.

            "I love you." I whispered, nothing else was needed to be said because those words alone meant an Infinite number of things.

           "I love you," he said back. His arm came around me as he pulled me in, pressing my body against his. I laughed and lifted myself up on the tip of my toes, Frederick smiled. And, as his soft lips landed on mine, I closed my eyes almost involuntarily and without hesitation, deepened the kiss. My arms came around his neck as I pulled him down to deepen the kiss even more, pushing him towards the sofa because I wanted to feel more of him, everything, every part of his body that I had missed incredibly much.

             "Where's your mother?" I asked between kisses before pushing him on the sofa which he fell in laughing.

          "Michael came to pick her up not long before you arrived." He replied as he watched me from where he was laying while I unbuttoned my jeans.

          I smiled and stepped out of them. "Good. We wouldn't want her to witness this." I said which made him laugh. Frederick lifted himself up and sat down.

          "Come here." He ordered softly. I obliged, stopping in front of him while biting my bottom lip nervously. Although my scars had finally healed, they were still visible which I knew of because a day hadn't passed without me spending more time than needed in front of a mirror to stare at Karlie's piece of art, obsessing over it.

            I was very aware and extremely and overly self-conscious of it and as much as I kept telling myself that there really was nothing I could have done to stop what had happened, I still could not get over it. 

           I was still wearing the long sleeve shirt I had paired with my jeans that stopped an inch or two passed  my waist. Frederick, holding my gaze, started lifting the shirt slowly to reveal my belly. I stopped breathing while I watched him and the second his lips made contact with skin right there next to the scar, I let out a shaky breath which also happened to be the exact moment Arden decided to make it known that she was already up.

          A laugh came out of me while Frederick rested his forehead on my belly. I would have lied if I said I wasn't sort of relieved for the interruption but said nothing as I  placed a kiss on his head then headed towards the baby who stopped crying the second she was in my arms.

            I walked over to Frederick who had gotten up while I went ahead to get my daughter and handed her over to him. "She pooped." I told him, smiling.  Frederick scrunched up his nose, gagging the second he pushed his nose close enough to her diaper to get a whiff. I burst out laughing.

          "Oh God. I love her but my goodness, what is she eating?"

          I looked back at him and laughed even more when I noticed how he was holding on to Arden while he ran towards her changing station next to her pack and play bed. I shook my head but kept laughing silently, while I put my pants back on and sat down. A few minutes later, Frederick came to sit next to me with a happy Arden in his arms.

            "Hey," he said softly. I looked over at him.

          "Hey yourself," I replied back.

          "I love you." The words alone warmed up my heart.

         "I love you, too." I choked up on the words and leaned over to kiss him softly. No urgency, just him and I.

_____________________

     ( Six months later.)

          "Well, I guess a year was too long for you two I suppose?" Dr. Kim who had been taking care of me chuckled as she walked back in the hospital room where Frederick, Arden and I were waiting for her while she went to get my test results.

            I frowned and glanced at Frederick who was playing with Arden who was laughing wholeheartedly. I looked back at the doctor who now had taken a sit next to the bed I was laying on.

            "I'm sorry, I don't understand. What's wrong? Am I sick?" I asked, already imagining the worse, the worse being dying and leaving my daughter and Frederick who I was sure would devastated.

         The doctor shook her head, smiling. "You're not sick. You're just pregnant even though I told you both to wait at least a year." She was laughing as she said those last words and I, still laying there, trying to make sense of what I had just heard, started laughing unconsciously.

           "I'm sorry, you said what now?" I asked again. Frederick got up with eight months old Arden who was distracted with the chew toy in her hand.

         "Eva my darling, you have a bun in the oven. You know,..knocked up."

        "But....but...but wait!" I finally sat down. "Maybe there's a confusion, I haven't even had my period yet."

           "Well, I guess it was about that time because you ovulated and thus made a baby." She got up. "You'll need to start taking your prenatal vitamins and I want to closely monitor you for this pregnancy." She added and I watched her a little dumbfounded as she was writing something down, most likely a prescription.

         "There you go," she handed me the paper while smiling. I simply nodded, still completely out of it. In the background, I heard Frederick happily laughing. I turned to stare at him and then finally frowned.

          "What are you laughing about, mister?" I asked.

         "Nothing, I'm just laughing with my daughter, it definitely has nothing to do with the fact that I knocked you up and am feeling pretty proud at the moment. It absolutely has nothing to do with that." He answered while smiling brightly.

          "Liar." I laughed and finally got off the bed.

           "I can say goodbye to my plan of starting work when Arden turns one. I'll have to definitely start now to be able to take a maternity leave when the time comes to pop this one out, boss." I say and try to contain the smile that threatened to appear.

        "Uhm actually, since I'm so generous, I decided you could take two years vacation and start work after you give birth. I think that's pretty fair. Wouldn't you say?" Frederick said behind me while I pushed the door and walked out, him and Arden following behind. I looked and raised an eyebrow, smiling brightly.

        "Not a chance, Buddy. Expect me next to start working next month." I reply back, stopping at the reception desk to settle the bill.

        "Don't make me fire you, miss Chambers." Frederick said and passed me Arden before signing the receipt. I started laughing.

        "I will report you to HR."

       "I own the company. I'll just fire them too." He placed a hand around my shoulder as we exited the private clinic.

         I burst out laughing as we entered the elevator. "In case you don't know, it's called abuse of power." I laughed as I looked up at him and he kissed me.

_____________________