~Twenty Five~

It had been a very exhausting night for me. Like most days for the past two weeks or so, my heart felt too heavy, which was why I hadn't been able to find much sleep. I stepped into my living room to find Billie sitting on the couch, waiting. Frowning for the simple fact that I wasn't expecting her at all, I slowed my pace as she and I made eye contact, before I directed my eyes somewhere else.

       "I'm sorry, what is she doing here?" I asked Mrs. Winslet who was currently feeding Fluffy his morning meal.

         "She wanted to talk to you." She answered without even glancing my way.

        Rolling my eyes, I made my way into the kitchen to find myself something to eat. "We have nothing else to say to each other." I pulled on the fridge's door a little too forcefully as I opened it. She knew I didn't want to see her, I had made that very well known the last time I had talked to her. But now, seeing as she was inside my place, she seemed not to care about my demands.

          "Eva, please. You can't keep avoiding me. I'm your best friend." I heard her get up as she started moving towards me, making me feel a bit uneasy. Never have I ever felt this way around Billie, this feeling was strange and truth be told, I didn't like it one bit.

         There was a loud thug as I slammed the door of the fridge close. The laugh that escaped my throat was harsh and univiting. I turned around to meet her gaze. "Watch me." My face turned serious and I knew how my eyes might have looked. I walked passed her to the apartment door and pulled it wide open.

         "Get out." I simply asked and waited, expecting her to do as I told her. What I didn't expect was for her to instead of leaving, stand her ground; crossing her arms in a defying stance.

    "No." She stared back.

     Eyes narrowed and eyebrow knitted, I felt the tension build up in me. "I'm sorry, I think you might have heard wrong. I wasn't asking you, It was a command. I don't want to talk to you, so get out."

     "Well, tough shit cause I'm not going anywhere. We need to talk and you're going to listen to me."

          I rolled my eyes. "I've done enough of that already. Plus, you had months...even years to talk and you haven't done sh!t so you'll have to excuse me but I'm putting an expiration date on it. Your time's up, now get out." I pulled the door even wider as I pointed outside. "Out."

         Again, with a stern look on her face, she turned around and started walking back to the seat she had occupied before I walked out of my bedroom. "No." And then, mumbling something incoherent that I couldn't quite catch, she sat down.

           "Excuse me?"

           "I said stop being this dramatic, Eva. Do you honestly think I would want to hurt you? Have you even taken the time to think that maybe I was trying to help?"

          Scoffing out my bewilderness as akin to frustration spread on my face, I slammed the door shut. "Okay, fine. You don't want to leave, be my guess and stay. I'll be in my room until you do so." I started walking.  "Mrs. Winslet, would you let me know the minute she's gone." I was staring at Billie while I spoke to Mrs. Winslet, who hadn't been saying much at all about everything that was happening, she had opted instead to just sit in the other couch to watch her favorite talk show on TV.

           "Oh, very mature of you." Billie yelled out behind my retracting back. Deciding to ignore her, I still kept moving towards my room. I had nothing else to say. That was, until finally I heard Mrs. Winslet speak which made me stop.