Fourteen

Another short chapter...I'm hoping to get a total of two up today, so keep those fingers crossed! 

I'd also love some feedback, just let me know whether you're enjoying it or not, or what you'd like to see happen in the future!

***

FOURTEEN || Camila.

There were no lights on when I woke up, aside from a dim glow coming from my living room. Julien wasn't in bed beside me, so I figured he was the reason for my late night awakening. I tied the cords on my robe, attempting to keep away the chill that hit me as I ventured past the warmth of my flannel sheets. Sure enough, Julien was rubbing his tired eyes while the LED light from his laptop shone on his face. "Jay..." I bent down behind him and wrapped my arms around his shoulders. "Come to bed." His hands gripped mine and then he rubbed them up and down my wrists.

"I just have to tie up a few loose ends, Mil. Go back to sleep." I squinted at his screen and made out the site that he was on. Apartments in Downtown Los Angeles.

"Have you found a place?" I hated thinking about the fast approaching date of his departure, but I'd been trying to remain supportive of his decision to leave. I respected him so much for going through with it - for following his dream.

"I think so, yeah. Like I said, just tying up some loose ends. I have to make sure my credit check goes through..."

"Which it will." I smirked. His credit was immaculate, I had no doubt about him being approved.

"I hope so. But then I can send my security deposit and start shipping my things from there."

"When do you leave again?"

"My flight leaves on December second. A week from Friday." There was a horrific pit in my stomach upon hearing this. "Hey, I'm almost done...go back to sleep, okay? I'll be in there soon." I nodded solemnly, not wanting to let him go for the remainder of his time here. Reluctantly, I slunk back to the safety of my bed, but I couldn't fall asleep. I didn't want to until I was in his arms. He wasn't lying however, because only a few short minutes later, he was snuggling up beside me and I was latching onto him like a leech. A very melancholy leech.

"This is supposed to be hard, right?" His breath exhaled past my hair and tickled my scalp.

"Yeah, it is." I held on tighter and clenched the material of his t-shirt in my hands. "I love you, Mila. I really do."

"And I love you, it's just that every time I think about you leaving, it stings more and more." He went to respond, but I kept rambling. "But, I am proud of you. I don't ever want you to think that I'm not. I'm proud of you for working so hard...I'm proud of you for accomplishing your dream. I'm proud of you, Julien." He lifted up my palm and kissed the center of it.

"Everything is going to be fine, Mila. Everything will work out."

"I know. It always does." Sighing, I tried to think more positively. "It's not like I can't survive this city without you. I did it before we met and I can do it now and tomorrow and when you're gone. It'll just hurt a little bit more."

"Being on an entirely new side of the country without you certainly won't be easy. But we can make this work. We have to believe that it will work."

"I believe in us."

"So do I." He agreed, before kissing me warmly. "Meeting you, Mila...it's the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. I love you so much."

"You've been such a gift, and you've made me so happy." He really had. Before I met him, I was just existing. I didn't have much to look forward to, but then suddenly, I did. He made me realize that though nothing was necessarily wrong with my life, something was still missing. He was missing. And regardless of his impending departure, he was still with me. Nothing would change between us. We were strong and I truly believed that we could make it through. We had to.