Chapter Five [Seto Magi]

Start from the beginning

"Sure! It's like having a never ending party!"

"Come ons! We can shows you ours dorms, just don'ts fall off this time."

Jin, Barney, and Ross started heading to the ravine side but Adam was a little slow to start, "Wait, the dorms are down there?"

"Yeah, the entire AHD is comprised of 9 levels. A-I. We're currently on the top level, the surface, or Level A. Lowest level extends down to bedrock, only one person lives down there, Seto. That's like his domain, and as the only magic user he can use that space freely."

"Oh," Adam was curious about the whole layout of the AHD, but figured as he went down he could learn more. But wait, Adam just realized...what about his apartment! That was his home and he saved up a lot of money in order to afford it. He still his book to return, and oh shit his boss would kill him....Ok so maybe he was exaggerating, his boss was nice, but he didn't even have a chance to let him know of his situation. He had work tomorrow, what would he do?!

"You ok?"

"Uh... well you see...I just realized I have work today, and my boss probably doesn't know that I'm here at the AHD. And I don't have any access to my link!"

On the contrary, what Adam didn't know was the news spread quite quickly in the capital. Or at least to the neighborhood in which he worked and lived. Everyone already knew of that golden eyed boy with his heads in the clouds. They all knew of his foolery, and the fact that in the middle of the night he was arrested...and here's where the story gets out of hand.

Around 11 at night, it was a peaceful and quiet night. Oh, but there was some commotion in the nearby apartment, the one belonging to that 'golden eyed boy', yes that weird man who even as a child foolishly believed in a dream that could never come true.

It was out of nowhere, the AHD came storming in. The door was shattered to bits by the force, you could feel the anger radiating off those officials from a mile away. And that 'golden eyed boy' was dragged away. Screaming, shouting, begging.

He must've done something wrong, people said. Probably something so crazy, even against the law. The rumors were like candy, sweet to talk about.

People would comment saying they knew that man was whack, now this ought to straighten him up and put him on the right path. Live a Human life, simple and quaint, nothing more. Just like everyone else, every other Human content with the quiet lives.

Of course none of their speculation was close to what actually happened but Adam wouldn't know what they thought. Only someone like me could know, well almost true. I'm not the only one, I'm just the only one who will pay attention to details like this.

Anyways, back to the story at hand. Adam was a little worried for his boss back home and wished there was some way he could contact him. Who knows how long he would be here, probably not long. But he figured he couldn't keep his job at the bookstore from here.

"No worries, I'm sure we can find you a computer to link your boss later, for now, let's show you around!" Jin cheered. He skipped happily to the cliff's edge and started to make his way down the side of the cliff. He followed the narrow path along the wall, soon Ross and Barney followed suit. Adam had no choice but to go along with them.

Now Adam wasn't afraid of heights, but he was afraid of dying. Any Human would. It defies all logic for a Human, a rank with one life, and only one life, to not be afraid. It's not like this world he lived in was perfectly safe. Sometimes a swarm of mobs made it through the AHD's defenses. Oh! Did I forget to mention the AHD was the source of protection to the entire kingdom of Rekrium.

The AHD kept the villages and cities and its people safe from things like monsters. Players and up did all the dangerously hard stuff, fighting, adventuring, experimenting. Simply because if anything went wrong, they likely still had plenty of lives left.