Mom was clutching her shoes, now looking at me for a moment and then to the floor and then back at me before saying.

"Take a seat, Jade." Motioning toward the coach in a very strict format.

I frowned, but did as I was told very cautiously. Once I sat down, I was then hit in the face with the question of how to do this. Mom was rocking her shoe in her hands back and forth, not sure what to do either.

It was obvious that she was not used to mother daughter bonding talk.

"So." She started. "How is Satine?" I looked at the ground, not sure why she decided to bring up my rabbit. Satine has nothing to do with this!

"Satine is fine." I replied quickly.

Again we were met with a very awkward silence.

"What episode were you on in Supernatural?" I asked, as my eyes caught the television that was now muted.

"Season 5. Episode 61. Wait no, 16." Mom stated, quickly fixing her mistake and hitting her head.

Silence.

Taking a deep sigh, Mom closed her eyes, as if preparing herself and then turned back to me.

"Okay Jade, if this is about you and Todd.."

"Mom" I started now horrified of what she was thinking.

" I completely understand. I was scared the first time I-" She continued.

This was not what I signed up for. I quickly stood up, before she could finish her sentence.

"Lucy is not speaking to me anymore because I got Clara and I don't know how to fix it unless Rosie talks to her."

There was another silence in which I exhaled and sat back down while mom frowned but obviously seemed much more calm about the conversation not going in the direction she thought.

"Lucy and you are fighting?" She responded. I nodded. Mom looked down, now in thought for a second before looking up and saying her very normal response: "Shit!"

"Yup." I responded, now happy she understood my situation. But she was not done.

"You guys are fighting?"

"Yes mother, as I stated a second ago.."

"But you two never fight!"

"Oh how very smart of you to figure that one out." I replied, my voice going back to monotone.

"We have to do something about this!" Mom decided.

"Good idea!"

"We must burn-"

"What no! Mom! We don't burn Lucy. She's one of the few people who likes us!" I responded aghast. So this is what Lucy feels every time I have an idea.

"Then what?" Mom asked confused.

"Speak to Rosie! Make her talk to Lucy!" My mother considered this and then nodded.

"Okay. I'll go over now before they start dinner."

"Mom their dinner started ten minutes ago."

"Okay well I'll go over there anyway."

Silence.. Again.

"Is there anything else you need to talk about?" Mom asked, again eyeing me. I looked at her questionably.

"What else is there to talk about?" Mom shrugged.

"I don't know. Maybe... Todd?

"Bye mother." I stated quickly, jumping out of my seat and running upstairs, slamming my door in the process.