Chapter 9.

Nick's POV 

Don't ask me how I went from comforting Elina to wanting to punch her in the face, but she wasn't worth breaking my 'never punch women' rule, so now all three of us is sat in Matt's car. 

"Are we there yet?" I loudly sigh as Elina's voice, once again, can be heard from the backseat. 

"No, not yet." Matt answers and I can tell from his tone that he's had a long night. 

"Can't believe I had to separate you guys, you're like a pair of immature children fighting over who's getting the last cookie." 

"Except we're not fighting over a cookie, but my entire life here." I tell him, slightly annoyed at how he wasn't on my side earlier on. 

It's getting late, and the clock on the car's dashboard is soon to turn '06.00', the sky is no longer black but a soft orange/yellow colour is forming. The sun is about to rise and I can't help but rub my eyes as I know that I won't get any sleep this night. 

We're taking a left and within two minutes Matt has turned off the car. 

"Here we are ladies and gentlemen, I do accept tips." He jokingly says, and a giggle from Elina can be heard. 

He only receives a grunt from me before push the door open. Trying to wake up as I stretch my arms to the sky. 

We've reached one of the neighboring towns to the busy Los Angeles and since it's still early in the morning, nobody can be seen. 

The air is crisp and a bit chilly from the lower temperature of the night. 

We start walking towards a small warehouse. It has minimum security, a wired fence and a bored guard dog greets us.

Matt has taken the lead with his long and confident strides, he's heading straight for the metal door at the side of the warehouse, while me and Elina fall back. 

"I'm sorry." 

I turn my head and can see Elina's lowered head, her skin is all prickly because of the low temperature and her thin dress does nothing to help. 

"For what?" I ask, my nose wrinkling slightly at the sight of her puke stained dress. 

"I just landed you in a bunch of problem, didn't I?" Her soft voice takes me off guard, and a sniffling sound can be heard. Is she crying?

"Yeah..." I've never been particularly good at comforting people so I answer honestly, what she did to those guys back there will definitely come haunting me. 

"I'm...I....I just wanted to have fun..." Her voice breaks and this time there's no doubt in my mind that she's crying. It's quite depressing how I've seen her cry more then I've seen her laugh. 

"Come here." I say, opening up my arms wide as I beckon her in for a hug. Her tiny figure is shaking against me as tears upon tears fall down her cheeks. 

I let my arms wrap more tightly around her, her face nestling into my neck as I rub my hands calmly over her back. It feels natural, like I've done this before.

Elina's POV

His warm hands feel so good. The way he moves them over my bare back almost makes me shudder. 

I remind myself of Luke, his hands are the only ones that are supposed to run over me like this.

"I think we should catch up with Matt, I'm sure he's getting impatient." I force myself to say as I literally have to push myself from Nick's muscular and toned body. 

"Sure." He nods and quickly turn around to start walking. 

"How the hell can he be so collected?" I silently whisper to myself as I catch up with him. 

Once we see Matt he's looking a bit annoyed, but still winks at us. 

"Don't wanna know what made you guys take so long.." He says and punches Nick in the shoulder before opening up the metal door. 

"Ladies first..." I take a step into the warehouse and my mouth instantly drop, I can't believe what I'm seeing!

From outside the warehouse looked like any other place, grey with metal details but inside it looks amazing. 

The walls are painted a deep yellow colour once you walk in you're greeted with a huge red couch. A group of people are seated watching a horror movie and the lights are turned off. I notice piles of chips and drinks before Nick whisk me away to another door. 

"Welcome to hell sweetheart.." He whispers before pushing the door open. 

The room is entirely black, the floor, the walls and all the decorations. Loud music and the flashing lights in the ceiling tells me that a party is currently taking place. Several hundreds of sweaty and happy bodies are jumping around to the insane sound of a DJ playing. 

With a closer look I see a cubicle, made entirely out of glass, sitting in the middle of the room. In the cubicle around ten people are sat at their desks, deeply focused on their computer infront of them. 

"What? What is this?" I yell in Matt's ear as Nick has began guiding us towards the cubicle. 

"This is Hackers Paradise, the scrawny kids you see in there-" he says and points towards the cubicle. 

"Makes millions every year through their computer, and if they ever run low on jobs they just hack some rich guy's bank account." I nod, not one of the hackers he's pointed towards can be over thirty years old.

"But, what's with this whole...party?" I yell, and wave my hands towards the clearly high and/or drunk people jumping around. 

"I don't know, they like flaunting their wealth for certain circles I suppose." He answers and shrugs his shoulders. 

I don't have time to ask him further questions as we now have reached the door of the cubicle. Once one of the hackers has let us inside, all sound is complexly muffled. You could hear a drop pin inside this room, when less then a meter outside there is an actual rave going on. 

"Nick!" A long and very thin indian boy is heading towards us, his arms open and welcoming. He has long black hair put up in a bun, warm brown eyes and a white hoodie and a couple of washed out green sweatpants. 

He's cute, but nowhere near Nick I let myself think, before quickly stopping myself. 

While he's hugging Nick I can tell the rest of the hackers are studying us, apparently it's not a common thing to have outsiders inside the cubicle. 

"Rashid! My man!" Nick answers and I can tell their genuinely good friends from the tight hug. 

"What can I do for you guys?" Rashid asks, I can tell he's curious about me. 

"We need your help bro....I'm in a lot of trouble..." Nick cuts him off before he has a chance to ask about me. 

-------------------

There you go, a new chapter. Like I said, my life is crazy busy so it's hard to have time for writing but here you guys go!

xoxo Emma.