Chapter forty four

Natalie's POV

I go up to ICU to see how Rosa is. She's been in there for about a week now. As I walk in I see that Connor is crying.

'What's wrong?' I ask him. He looks up and walks over to me.

'She was pregnant.'

'Was?'

'She miscarried. They're saying it's because of the fact she wasn't breathing for a long time.'

'I am so sorry. Listen. Why don't you go home bring your children in. They'll want to see their mom. I'll stay with her.'

'Thanks Nat.' He then kisses Rosa on the forehead and walks out. 

Connor's POV

2 months later

Rosa has been in a coma for 2 months. The ICU doctos are getting less hopeful everyday. They told me that I should consider turning off the life support. Her brain was starved of oxygen for too long. I've taken the twins to see them. They're turning one next month and I want her to be awake for that. The doctors have said that they will try and take her off the life support today but if it doesn't wok, her survival chances drop. At the scheduled time, I walk into the ICU with the twins in the pushchair and I take a seat beside her. The doctors come in and I stand at the foot of the bed. They slowly dose her with a medication and they patiently wait.

'It's not working.' A nurse says. 

'Momma.' The twins say in unison. 

'She's opening her eyes!' A doctor exclaims.