Chapter thirty two

One week later

Rosa's POV

Connor and myself get up extra early to get ourselves ready for the hearing. We have breakfast then head to the courts. 

 4 days later

The jury have come up with a verdict. Guilty! Thank god! 

6 months later

Connor's POV

Rosa and I have been dating for almost 6 months. Today is out joint birthday. For one reason. I told Maggie and she smiled. Rosa finished her shift and she heads to Molly's with April, Will and Ethan (He's now back at work), Nat, Reese, Maggie and Dr Charles are already here.

Rosa's POV

'HAPPY BIRTHDAY!' I hear everyone shout as I walk into Molly's. Connor walks up to me and pulls me into a kiss. I sit down at a special table Connor prepared for me and opened my presents and cards. I get chocolates, books, flowers and multiple bottles of wine. When it gets to the last present, I open it and see a box full of tissue paper. At the bottom was four tickets to go see Hairspray  and Mamma Mia on broadway. I see that it's from Connor. Hairspray and Mamma Mia are my favourite musicals! He then grabs my hand and pulls me up. He gets out a box from his back pocket and gets down on one knee. I cover my hands with my mouth.

'Rosa Sánchez. I've known you all your life. You've been my best friend, a shoulder to cry on.' He then opens the box to reveal a diamond ring. 'Will you marry me?' Just then Herrmann walks in with his collegues, so doe district 21. Then the whole of Molly's starts singing a reivented version of 'I do' from Mamma Mia, just for Connor and myself.

'Yes, I will marry you.' I say as I start crying. He puts the ring on my finger and we kiss. Everyone claps and congratulates us.