Chapter twenty five

Connor's POV

'Rosa! What happened?' I walk over to her and caress her. She has blood over her top. I look under it and see she has cut herself. I walk out, get her first aid box and walk back in. 'He broke your rule didn't he?' She doesn't reply, she just breakds down in tears. I hug her.  'Hey, it's OK. He's just a jerk.' She snifs. I lift her top and clean the cuts on her belly. There's not a lot of bleeding and she hasn't cut too deep. I then put a sterile pad on them. I take her into the kitchen, sit her down and make her a mug of coffee. 

'He's such a jerk. The bitch.' Rosa says.

'Like your other partners.'

'Not all of my other partners. I had 2 partners that got me but I couldn't deal with the pressures.'

'Oh yeah.' I say. 'Has Ms Goodwin emailed you about the attending exams?' 

'Yeah. Don't think I'm prepared though.' 

'You'll be fine.' I tell her. 'You'll smash it. You're an amazing doctor.'

'Thanks Connor.' She smiles at me. 'Your dad still a jerk?'

'Even bigger one.' Connor laughs.

'How about Claire. Is she OK?'

'I wouldn't know. Dad's kind of got her on his side.'

'That's a bummer.' Rosa tells me. We transfer to the sofa and sit and talk for hours. She falls asleep so I carry her to her bed, cover her up, write her a note and leave.