Chapter thirty eight

Connor's POV

I wake up and I see that Rosa isn't beside me. I smell bacon and head downstairs.

'Smells delicious.' I say. 'Why you up so early?'

'I wanted to be up early. You're back to work and...' She's interrupted by her phone ringing so she answers it.

'Hello?'

(Rosa hears: 'I know where you live remember.' The voice says.)

'I'm sorry you've got the wrong  number.' She says and then puts the phone down. 'I wanted to make you a proper breakfast.' I walk up to her and wrap my hands round her waist. 'Before the babies wake up.' She says as she puts her arms round my neck. We kiss passionately before she dishes up breakfast. Once I had finished I headed to work.

As I was walking up to the ED I hear someone call my name.

'Connor!' It's Claire. I turn around and sigh to see she's with dad. They walk up to me. 'We heard the news. That you're engaged.'

'You're months late. I tried calling you but you never picked up.' I tell her.

'I've been busy.' She replies.

'You better treat this woman right.' Dad says.

'Why wouldn't I, dad?'

'You didn't treat that Zanetti right. Not trusting her.'

'Dad. It's Rosa.'

'Rosa? I didn't know you were in touch!' Claire exclaims.

'She works here and you would know that if you bothered to pick up your phone. I'm late for work.' I say before walking in.

Nat's POV

I walk up to Connor about half way through the shift.

'How's Rosa?' I ask.

'She's doing fine.' He tells me.

'The babies?'

'Hard work.' He laughs. 'Rosa and I. We're going to get married round christmas time but you can't tell anyone. I'm sure she'll chose you as your maid of honour.'

My phone rings and I answer it. It's Rosa. She says exactly what Dr Rhodes has just said and chose me as her maid of honour.

'You were right.' I say. He smiles and laughs. 'You'll make a great husband if you know her that well.'