Chapter six

Rosa's POV

I wake up to the smell of bacon and eggs frying, coffee brewing and my head spinning. I sit up and look into the kitchen.

'You didn't have to stay.' I mumble.

'I'm wasn't going to leave you alone in the state you were in last night.' Ethan says.

'How drunk was I?' I ask.

'Very.' Was Ethan's reply. 'Do you remember anything that happened last night?'

'Everything. Listen. The kiss. Is was a bad idea. I have trust issues. All my past partners have been abusive. I've only known you a few days.' I say.

'That's good. As to me it was a bad idea too. You were drunk and it probably didn't mean anything.' Ethan replies as he sets down a cup of coffee and a plate of bacon, eggs, fried tomato, beans and toast. 'I've got to get to work. Will you be alright?' I nod and he leaves. I felt stupid. Kissing a colleague a few days after meeting him? Me of all people should know that's wrong. I finish off my breakfast and my coffee and clean up the kitchen. I then sit down on the sofa and turn the TV on. I come across a movie that's on. 'My Sister's keeper', there's nothing else on really, so I decide to watch that. By the end I was in tears. Just as the movie finished there was a knock on the door. So, I dry my tears and go and answer it.

'What are you doing here?! I demand.