Chapter thirteen

Rosa's POV

It's Ethan's birthday tomorrow. Everyone is planning a get together at Molly's. Not only is it his birthday, he's been called to service. It's his last day until last day until he gets back. He's a naval reserve so anything could happen. It's been a while since we kissed. I lied. It did mean something but I only knew him a few days when it happened. I kept getting flashback of it and keep thinking what would've happened of I told him I loved him. I do love him. Now, I'm going to lose him. He could get killed out there. I finish my shift and head home.

The next day

We all gather at Molly's and start decorating. Ethan is at the hospital on his last shift. At around 7pm we all hide and moments later Ethan walks in.

'SURPRISE!' We all jump up and shout. We laugh and go to the bar. Ethan is sitting at a table drinking some beer so I join him with a glass of wine.

'I need to tell you something.' I say.

'I have something to tell you too. You remember that kiss?' He asks.

'It meant something to me.' I confess.

'Then it's good that I'm not going.' Ethan says.

Ethan's POV

'It meant something to me too. I didn't want to tell you because... well because of your past. With your previous partner. I didn't want to take advantage of the state you were in.' I continue. 'I've already told Ms Goodwin that I'm not leaving and so it will be a surprise for everyone else when I go back.' We gaze into each other's eyes.

'I love you so much Ethan but I have trust issues. Can I trust you to not break my heart?' Rosa asks.

'I would never break your heart.' I inform her. 'I love you too.' We sit and talk for a while before we head back to mine. We walk in and passionately kiss then go to the bedroom.