Chapter ten

Rosa's POV

I've been for my x-ray and there is no glass inside me so Ethan can stitch up the bigger wounds. Just as he's finishing Maggie walks in.

'They're here.' She says. 'Can I send them in?' Ethan looks at me and I nod.

'Sure. We're just finishing up.' Ethan tells her.

'Thanks Maggie' I say.

'No problem girl!' She replies. She then leaves and returns a few minutes later with three familiar faces.

'Rosa, isn't it?' Detective Halstead asks.

'Yeah.' I reply.

'What happened?' Detective Lindsay questioned.

'My dad. I've been looking after him. Trying to get him off the drink. Yesterday, he wanted some beer, I said no. He grabbed me by my hair causing me to burn my arm.' I explain. 'Not long after that he threw a glass when I refused him beer again. He then punched me in the face. Today, he pushed me causing me to fall on that broken glass.'

'Has this happened before?' Antonio asks. I nod.

'When I was younger. He used to beat my mom too. In fact, he's admitted to killing her.' The detectives look at me surprised.

'He called her. Saying that he killed Juliana. Her mother. He didn't even sound drunk. This is surprising as he's drunk half the time.' Connor explains.

'Where is he now? We'll get uniforms to pick him up.' Erin asks.

'Bangers and Lace.' I tell them. I then get out a picture from.my back pocket and hand it over. 'That's him.'

'Thank you.' Jay says. He motions for Erin and Antonio to leave. 'Is there anything else he's done to you, in the past? As a kid?'

'He beat me as a kid. He would come home drunk and sometimes not. He would use me and mom as a punching bag. He'd even beat us if his steak wasn't cooked right or I wasn't home straight after school and if mom went out without asking him.' I explain.

'Is there anyone else that knew about this?' He asks me.

'I did.' Connor says. 'He threatened me and my family that if I told the police he'd burn down our home with us inside. It stopped once she reached 16. Ever since then I've been trying to convince her to tell someone.'

'Did he do anything serious to you?' Jay questions.

'He pushed me down a flight of stairs. I broke my arm, leg, intracranial bleeding and intracranial pressure. I was left in a coma for a month and a half.' I dwell.

'OK. You will have to make a statement but only when you're ready. Dr Rhodes. You're going to have to make one too.' Jay explains. 'Call us when you're ready.' We nod and he leaves.

'A rollercoaster of a life then?' Ethan jokes.

'It's nothing to joke about Dr Choi. He killed my mom and almost killed me!' I shout.

Ethan's POV

That's it. I blew it. I was never going be her partner. Not after that.