Chapter five

Rosa's POV

I'm on with Dr Choi today. I meet him in a similar way to how I met Will and Nat. I learn that he is a navy reserve and has served in the Navy. It's an easy going day. We're about half way into our shift when we are called to a patient under police custody.

'He tried to rob a store. Store owner shot him in defense.' The detective explains. 'No exit wound.'

'Thanks detective.' I say and me and Ethan walk into the treatment room. We put our gloves on and I introduce myself and Ethan. 'Hi. I'm Dr Sánchez, this is Dr Choi. We're going to be treating you today.'

'Rosa.' A familiar voice says. One that I wished I'd never hear again.

'José.' I reply. 'Dr Choi. I can't treat this patient. Can you take over?'

'Sure.' He responds. He then shouts, 'Resse. I'm going to need your help.' Then the med student comes in and I walk out. I walk up to the group of detectives who are stood talking. 'Detectives?' They stop talking and look at me. 'Do you have a name?'

'No.' One says.

'His name is José Castillo. I know him. He has a violent past. Towards me. He has schizophrenia. It's the reason for these violent outbursts. If he doesn't take his meds for more than a few days in a row, he gets violent and gets manic episodes.'

'Thanks doctor?' One says.

'Sánchez. Rosa Sánchez.' I answer.

'I'm Antonio Dawson, this is Erin Lindsay and Jay Halstead.' He tells me. 'When you say violent?'

'Punching. Kicking. He's never done anything too extreme.' I tell Antonio.

'That was very helpful. Thank you.' Jay says. I nod my head and walk into the doctor's lounge and get a drink. I sit down for a few minutes and then Ethan walks in.

'What was that about?' He asks.

'One of my ex boyfriends. Abusive.' I tell him.

'Right. No excuses. I'm taking you for a drink later. You're off tomorrow.' He says. I nod and we go back to work.

Once we finished our shift we headed to Molly's.

'What's it gonna be Rosa?' Herrmann asks.

'Anything strong.' I say. A few minutes later he returns with the drinks. Connor comes up to. 'Hey.'

'I heard José was at the ED earlier.' He says.

'Yeah. He's in police custody. He tried to rob a store.' I tell him.

Ethan, Connor and myself sit talking for a few hours. I've had quite a few drinks by now.

'Time to go home now Rosa.' Connor says.

'One more.' I plead, drunk.

'No. Come on. I'll take you home.' Ethan tells me.

'Thanks.' Connor says as he helps Ethan get me to the car.

Ethan's POV

I help Rosa into my car and drive her home. I help her inside and she collapses onto the sofa taking me with her.

'The bitch.' She sighs. 'Turning up like that. He moved to New York.'

'You deserve better. You don't need to get drunk.' I tell her. Just then she leans in to me and we share a passionate kiss. We stare into each others eyes and I see the sparkle in her brown eyes. She puts her head on my shoulder and falls asleep. I get up carefully and put her head on the cushion. I find a blanket and put it over her. I then sit in the chair opposite her and go to sleep myself.