Chapter twenty eight

Rosa's POV

I walk back into the ED and to my patient. There I see Dr Reese. I put my gloves on and walk to beside the bed. 'Dr Reese. How's our patient?'

'Multiple fractures. Ortho have reviewed. No need for surgery. We're waiting for plaster casts. Internal bleeding has stopped. Neurosurgery inserted an ICB to keep an eye on her ICP. ICU are just preparing.' Dr Reese explains.

'Good work.' I tell her. 'Drinks tonight. At Molly's. On me.'

'You don't have to do that.' She says.

'I want to. After everything recently I could do with the female company.' I respond.

'Yeah. I heard. Sorry. Drinks tonight it is then.' Resse replies.

We finish out shift and head over to Molly's. Reese sits down and I head over to the bar and order a red wine and a drink for Reese. I walk over to the table and sit down. 'Why did you decline pathology?' I ask Reese.

'The ED is like my second family. I feel like one of you. I want to save lives not run tests.' She tells me. 'Why'd you decline paediatrics.'

'I declined paediatrics because I lost a group of school kids. There was this accident that involved a group of 3rd graders. I preformed the surgery on 5 of them. All of them died. Carbon monoxide poisoning. I didn't realise until half way through the last surgery when we got the carboxy haemoglobin results back. They were all high but not a cause for concern.' I explain.

'Rosa I'm so sorry.' Reese tells me.

'Don't fret. It happens.' I tell her as I take a sip of my wine.