Chapter 1: Beautiful Monster

Start from the beginning

"Yea, I should." Turning away from his glare, I flitted towards the closed door and my escape from this gym... I'm sure; even with the weakening pills I could kill those humans with my bare hands.

The thought of them begging for mercy made a smile creep onto my lips.

I reached forward, pushing open the double doors and revealing the new me to a large group of students who stood near the door, waiting to be let into the Dining Hall for breakfast. They stared at me in fear; their eyes burning through my skin.

"What’re you looking at?" I growled under my breath at a pair of girls, almost screaming as I brushed past them.

The girl's dorms are located in the west corridor; to get in you need a special key card. This was in place so that the guys didn't sneak into the girl's rooms. It was the same for the guys too.

The only problem…I didn't have mine.

"Need help?" the voice was male, resonate, and whoever it was must have came from a very foreign country with a strange accent.

An arm brushed across my shoulder as he swiped his key card. He pulled away much slower than he should have, his hand resting near me for much too long.

"What are you doing?" I spun to face the man, raising my head to meet his eyes, and then some.

He was TALL!! When I say tall I'm talking like 6 foot 6. With long brown hair tied into a ponytail at the nape of his neck… Russian. There’s no doubt about it. Hmmm...a hot Russian. I almost cringed, as the smell of canine wafted to me.

A werewolf...This could be a problem...

"... stupid werewolf." I added.

He smiled, muttering under his breath: "Krasivyĭ, I am helping you. Don't disrespect me little one. I am very powerful; the Alpha of my pack. I will not tolerate your rudeness. I am here to guard the students and make sure you do not harm them... We can be civilised about this and act like each other don't exist, or we can do it the fun way and hate each other? What do you want?"

Hot Russian werewolf guard... This just keeps getting better.

My face reddened to match the colour of my hair and eyes, his heated gaze tingling my skin.

"I think that hating each other will be much more fun..." I smirked, making sure I looked sexy as hell; it was the easiest form of intimidation.

Without hesitation he flung me into the wall, next to the glass door that would have shattered if I had gone through it. He pinned me, my body held above the ground. It was war he wanted and I was more than happy to give it to him with all I had.

"You will pay for your stupidity child." He let go of around my neck, my combat boots smashing against the floor as I landed. Annoyed, I massaged my neck softly.

"That was a little rough; nicer next time?" I asked with a sugary voice.

"Maybe." His words were cold.

He disappeared from sight.

I seriously needed to stop taking these pills so I could kill that guy... I laughed a little, a breathy one through the nose, at his mysterious exit.

With my hand rubbing my sore neck, where I was sure had the imprint of red hand marks on them, I let myself inside the door which was still open. Inside the hallway were two paths and a large block of rooms in the middle.

Each room bunked 2 people and had an en-suite. Not all of the rooms where occupied and the ones at the back of the hall where larger. My room was right at the back, where no one could hear me scream. That's what I liked to say, but the school said that it was because 'At the end of the hallway you can have your privacy, with your situation you need all the privacy you can get'.