Chapter 10

I left the guys at around 10:00 taking Ryan car with a promise to return it since they were all spending the night at Brandon's house and go to school from there, so I had to come back. 

It a good thing Ryan had a big car we always rode with him even though I pretty sure both Dillion and Brandon have cars.

I showed up about 10 minutes early and got my ticket and waited for Janice to appear. I sat down and I looked so lonely so I put on some music and then went to the bookstore that was right next door to the theater and I wondered around.

I looked at my watch sometime after and saw that is was 10:53 and the movie start at 11. 

I decided she stood me up so I just went to go see the movie by myself. I got some popcorn and soda and sat at my seat in the movies they were playing the commercials.

The person behind me kept kicking my seat. I looked up to asked them to stop and I see its Carla. She stepped over the chair and sat next to me.

"Why are you here all by yourself". She asked me.

"I got stood up." I wasn't gonna lie.

"Sucks doesn't it."

"Yeah, it does I could be home right know or hanging out with my friends."

"Oh, relax it's probably a good movie."She said to me stealing some of my popcorn.

"Why are you here alone". I asked her.

"When you don't have no friends you go to the movies alone." She said with a smile on her face.

"How do you not have friends."

"I just moved overhear a few months ago and I have been mostly working."

"Well make some teacher friends". I said, she threw some popcorn at me and the movie started.

Soon the movie was over we had joked and laughed through the whole movie, the people around us didn't appreciate it much. But the movie was pretty boring and very predictable.

When I got outside it was cold as hell. I bid my goodbyes to Carla and I walked to the car I saw her sit at a bus stop and after looking into a street she started to walk. I drove up behind her and honked.

"Get in". I told her she hopped in the passenger's seat.
                                                                                                                                             "Don't you have a car?" I had seen her pull up in the parking lot with her car a couple of times before.

"I walked here cause it was nice when I left." She said looking out the window.

We pulled up to her house and I got out and walked in with her she lived in a 1 bedroom first-floor apartment on a quiet street. When we walked in she imminently headed to what I believe is the bathroom at first I thought she was going to use it but then I heard her gagging.

I knock on the door "Come in." She said in a low voice.

She was leaned up against the tub resting her head on it while hyperventilating.

I notice a cup on the sink I put some cold water in it and hand it to her she first swishing it around her mouth and spits it in the toilet then she drinks the rest.

"Does that happen a lot." I ask sitting in front of her.

"Yea." She said with a nod I help her up and we walk to her room and she lays down on her side.

"Night Carla." I said while turning out the lights.

 I head back to Brandon's house. When I pulled up I noticed the light in the kitchen was on I went in through the front door to see Brandon's mom sitting at the counter with a cup of tea in her hand.

"Hi Clay dear, where have you been." She asked me in a cheery voice.

"I had a date". I said sitting next to her she was still in her uniform she was a nurse.

"Who was the lucky girl, How did it go?" 

"Actually I got stood up". I said.

"What a shame any girl would be lucky to have such a cute little gentleman like you." She said pinching my cheek

Brandon's mom really was the nicest person I had ever met she likes everybody. I swear If you ever wanted to feel good about yourself just come to talk to her. I really wondered how she had such an angry child.

"Well, the boys are all sleeping surprisingly why don't you go join them you have to be up for school tomorrow morning." She said before heading upstairs.

When I walked in the living room Dillion and Robert were laying on the floor on top of some pillows. Ryan was sleeping on the couch and Brandon was laying on a reclining chair.

I was about sit down in the other reclining chair Brandon's mom came down the stairs.

"Here's some pajamas for you and did you eat yet if not there's some chicken in the refrigerator just heat it up in the microwave." She said. She always had extra pajamas for us since we slept over a lot.

Since I basically live by myself people always wonder why we don't stay there but Brandon's parents work a lot and there always ready-made food here.

I change into my pajamas wondering about the day, why Janice stood me up about Carla and the baby I finally decide to put it all out of my mind.

I steal a pillow from Dillion and Ryans blanket before curling up in the recliner chair and dozing off.