Chapter 68~

ALMOST CHAPTER 69

But uh this chapter might make you want to stab me but in your defense I'm 100% okay with that

---

Jeremy had been oddly snappy and aggressive over the past week. Mike tried to stay calm about Jeremy's sudden sass, but felt like Jeremy wasn't telling him something.

It was a Thursday night, the family was eating dinner, Winter going on about his day at school. Jeremy wasn't eating, and was silent almost the whole time.

"Is something wrong?" Mike finally asked.

"No." Jeremy snapped, attitude lacing his voice.

Mike sighed. "Winter, could you go finish your food in your room?"

The little boy nodded and carefully carried his plate to his room, shutting the door and turning on his cartoons.

"Okay, why are you being such a bitch lately?" Mike asked again.

"It's nothing, Mike." He replied, a sharp edge to his voice.

"It obviously is, it's one thing to snap at me, but even Winter noticed you're acting out." He continued. "I don't want him to be afraid to talk to you, knowing you might yell or something.

"Mhm, well I'm sorry I'm not a soulless asshole. I'm sorry I have feelings, really." He stood up and began to walk out.

"I never said that was the problem but maybe if you just told me what was wrong I could help you not feel bad." He followed.

"I don't want to talk about it, how hard is it to comprehend? I'm fine, so leave it alone." He began to raise his voice.

"I'm just trying to make sure my husband is alright, I've never seen you this angry at just nothing, Jeremy." Mike retorted.

"I don't need you to make sure I'm alright. I'm not a fucking child, I don't need your assistance 24/7, and unlike one of us I have more than half a brain!"

The two sat in silence, Jeremy realizing what he had said and Mike taken aback that he'd said it.

"I think I should leave for a while." Jeremy nodded, turning to leave the house.

"At least take clothes with you." Mike sighed.

"I don't need them." He grabbed a coat and slid into his shoes before leaving through the front door. Mike sat on the couch and held his head in his hands, still in shock. Jeremy had never, ever said anything rude to him, even during the Doll incident. It made it even worse that Winter probably heard the whole thing.

"Dad?" Winter whispered softly.

Mike smiled and patted his lap. Winter waddled over and sat on Mike's leg, biting his thumb.

"Will dad come back?" He asked.

"Of course, baby.. He's just upset, is all." He kissed Winters forehead.

"Did he hurt your feelings?" He questioned.

"No, I'm fine. I didn't want you to hear all of that." Mike answered truthfully.

"A-Are you sure he'll be back?" The child's voice wobbled.

"I know he will, don't cry. Come on, you can sleep with me tonight." Mike spoke, knowing it was incredible early but wanting to sleep the entire argument off.

---

IM SORRY ILL FIX IT I PROMISE