Chapter 28: The World Out There

Start from the beginning

"So he just took me to him?" Bella asked.

"He was young and he was so scared. We didn't know about your mother's old job and we were working so hard to find Doyle that we didn't pay attention to everyone around us." Rossi said. "But that will never happen again"

She looked him in the eyes.

"I am promising you that nobody is going to come here to harm you" Rossi said and Bella hugged him.

"I love you kid" he said.

"I love you too" Bella said.

They stayed silent for a while and then Rossi asked if she wanted to rest on the couch.
Bella nodded yes. He stood up and she laid down.
"I'm going to be right here working. You can sleep if you want" David said sitting on his desk.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

Bella woke up an hour later to find Rossi and Derek working in the office.

"Did you sleep well?" Derek asked and Bella nodded.
"Do you want to help?" He asked holding a file. Bella walked and took a seat on the chair next to Derek.

They headed home around 6, and everyone was impressed at how well she had done in there. Rossi had told them what they talked about and everybody was glad she was talking a little bit about what happened.

At home they had dinner, watched some tv and then headed to bed.

"I'm so proud of you for helping us in the office today" Derek told Bella as he tucked her in.
She stayed silent. She didn't really love staying at the office but it ended up not being as bad as she thought it would be.

Derek tucked her in and then headed to his bed.

.

The next day, Wednesday, Bella went to school and she was feeling a bit better. She managed to stay the entire time and tried talking to her friends a bit more. After school Derek picked her up and they went to the office. She asked to stay at Rossi's office again, so she sat on the couch and did her homework, and then she spent the rest of the afternoon watching shows and reading on her ipad.

Around 6, Derek went to talk to her.
"We have a stop before going home tonight" Morgan said and her eyes immediately filled with years.
She had forgotten about the shrink.

"We have a deal, remember?" He said and she nodded and wiped a tear that escaped. "You're gonna be alright but we have to go right now" he said.
Bella got all of her things and Derek and Penelope left with her. Everyone could see, as they left, that the child looked extremely nervous. When they got to the practice Bella started to feel really scared to go in and the tears just started falling.

"Please I don't want to" Bella said crying.

"We have a deal. Come on" Derek said taking her hand. She followed him inside and sat on his lap.

"Isabella Marshall" doctor Joanna Huff called.

"Your turn." Derek said making her get up. He took her hand and walked with her. She walked inside the office and as he was about to walk in the doctor remembered him that day only Bella should go in. So he let go of the girl's hand. Bella tried to get out but the woman closed the door. The girl just kept crying.

"It's okay. He's right outside" Joanna said. "Come on let's go sit" she said and walked to her regular spot on the couch while Bella just stood there.
"Come on. Sit here with me" the woman said. "Your uncle is not going anywhere" she said and Bella sat on the couch. "Every patient I have gets to pick a toy from the bin. Why don't you go and chose one?" The woman said looking at a big bin in the corner of the room, and Bella just ignored and kept crying. The girl didn't say a word.