Until We're Grey and Old // niam

So, as you can see, this one shot is based on James Arthur's song 'Say You Won't Let Go'.  The song is super sweet and as soon as I heard it 'NIAM' sprung in my mind in big glittery neon letters. And so, this was born..

I hope you like it☺️

(Also, I might as well turn this book into a niam oneshot book bc that's all I seem to do lately😂)
________________________________

I first met him on a night out.

My friends Louis and Harry had insisted on going out for my 23rd birthday, I was hesitant at first, not being one to go out and get drunk often, but once I was there and had my first beer, I relaxed and begun to enjoy myself.
The DJ filled the room with sound and had all the best playlists: the latest dance music and club tunes to some of the classics and the room was absolutely buzzed.

We were currently jumping along to Livin' On A Prayer, when I first saw him.

I was facing the direction of the bar when I saw the beautiful blonde enter the room. He had a friend with him, his skin a stark contrast to the pale snow-like colour of the blonde. They ordered a drink, both of them conversing, when the tanned lad pointed towards someone, whispering in the blonde's ear before leaving him, seeming to go in the direction he was pointing to, leaving the blonde beauty alone.

I studied him for a moment before seeing a familiar figure heading towards him. "Harry?!" I felt Louis place a hand on my shoulder, leaning in to shout over the music, "we saw you looking at him - proper zoned out, you did! Harry's doing you a favour." He patted my shoulder before turning back and dancing with a random guy again. I watched as Harry spoke to the blonde, eyes widening when the sweet boy looked my way. I turned back around and took another swig of the drink in my hand, startled by a tap on my back. It was him. He had a drink in his hand and his cheeks were glowing red - from the drink or from anxiousness, I wasn't sure - his eyes were bright, wide, loving and his hair was tousled: he looked beautiful. "Your friend told me you kept looking at me.."

I nodded dumbly, swallowing down the rest of my beer for courage, feeling the buzz of the alcohol, "yeah.. but how could I not? A real life angel just walked into the club."

He giggled shyly, taking my cup and placing them on the railing surrounding the dance floor before coming back, "well, what if I told you that angels like to dance?"

The rest of the night passed in a blur.

We danced to too many songs, had way too many beers and maybe shared a kiss or two... or seven. I also found out that the angel had a name:

Niall.

Eventually, the alcohol won over and forced Niall into the bathroom where he dropped to his knees, throwing up everything in his system. I smoothed the front of his blonde quiff away from his sweaty forehead and rubbed his back, helping him up when he was done.
It was nearing 3am when we decided to call it a night. Louis and Harry had gotten bored and left hours ago and Niall never saw his friend again, presumably he'd hit it off with whoever he'd spotted earlier in the night. I called a taxi for us both, supporting Niall's weight as he clung onto me, slurring what he thought were funny jokes into my ear and telling me how great my bum looked. As soon as he'd gotten rid of the alcohol in his stomach, he'd gone back to the bar to fill up on more - he was true Irishman.

I told the driver Niall's address that I'd managed to find scribbled on his ID card in his wallet, letting Niall lean on me as the steady motion of the car lulled his drunken mind to sleep. Once the taxi pulled up outside his flat complex, I shook him awake, "Niall, we're at your flat. Wake up, love."